NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M81 ZWO2600MC

tooth_dr

Very nice Adam, haven't really got to use my ZWO2600MC a lot, did try it on Caroles SW120 the other night in poor moonlit conditions and captured a few subs on the Dragons but keep getting distracted by comets and super novas 😂

Muddled my way through APP processing Dragons, still not got the hang of it.

Dave

Edited by Davey-T
  • Like 1

Thank you all for your comments.

@tomato as Scott has correctly pointed out, this was with the OSC version.  I've have been thoroughly impressed with it, and during galaxy season I just used it on a 250px and found it to be so simple to use compared with the mono and RGB filters.

• Like 1

Sorry should have picked that up from your signature info. I have the QHY colour version, looking forward to giving this a work out on the Esprit and not just keeping it for the RASA.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I rarely come back to data, but decided to give this one another go, removing the stars before processing using Starnett.  Some processing artefacts in M81, but feels less pushed than my original attempt:

NEW VERSION

M81-OSC.thumb.jpg.1020e3e28f54823b25ca4f3e07032981.jpg

ORIGINAL

M81-HaRGB.jpg.5d37cf0656783e17c4e8293b1da6c25e.jpg

• Like 10

22 hours ago, assouptro said:

Beautiful image Adam! 

Are you happy with the 2600? 

cheers 

Bryan

Cheers Bryan, yes the 2600MC is a really good camera.    To keep things simple and also the weight down for the standard SW focuser, I really like this camera.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/07/2021 at 19:51, tooth_dr said:

Thank you all for your comments.

@tomato as Scott has correctly pointed out, this was with the OSC version.  I've have been thoroughly impressed with it, and during galaxy season I just used it on a 250px and found it to be so simple to use compared with the mono and RGB filters.

They really are great cameras in OSC version, and you can choose exposure on the fly without (absolutely) needing darks - flat and bias working just fine. Is the 250 px newt a skywatcher dob on your mount ? Lovely M81 too, the newtonians work so well for galaxy imaging with OSC.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GalaxyGael said:

Is the 250 px newt a skywatcher dob on your mount ?

It’s not a dob but was sold by SW as a reflector on the EQ6 at a time.   It comes with tube rings but is essentially a visual scope.  I find it works well as an imaging scope though. 

• Like 1

A top draw image mate, one of the best of this subject I have seen, very good effort. Beautiful colour handeling / processing.

Original version for me though.

Adam

Edited by Adam J
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Adam J said:

A top draw image mate, one of the best of this subject I have seen, very good effort. Beautiful colour handeling / processing.

Original version for me though.

Adam

Cheers Adam, thanks for the nice comment.  I think I prefer the original too, but just dialled back like 10% to cut the noise a bit!