NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First Light Optics

MikeP

As heading, I ordered and paid for an eyepiece on 30th dec, now I knew I would have to wait till trading began on 4th Jan. They said they sent an eyepiece on 5th, never turned up, they sent another on 18th Jan, again failed to arrive, 3rd eyepiece should have been sent on 26th, but was actually sent on 28th (this time recorded signed for), and duly arrived and an email sent stating arrival. Although the problem appears to be with the postal service I have sent an email and even the Zendesk (first on 28th Jan, 2nd on 31st Jan) voicing my concerns and unhappiness at the situation but no-one seems bothered to reply (sent to two different people). I know problems can occur but an offer of an apology after my predicament would go a long way. I would still like to use them as they are close to me but the old saying (once bitten....), I do hope someone from FLO reads this if only to get in touch.

Hi Charlie,

Sorry to hear you are upset with our sevice. Unfortunately we still don't know why the first two eyepieces did not arrive, we definitely sent them. It is very unusual for the post to fail twice. It was good to hear the third eyepiece sent via Recorded Delivery did reach you.

As for communications, we certainly were extraordinarily busy through January but, to be fair, we have sent you four emailed responses. We know you recieved them because you have replied. Two of our emails included an apology.

In your last email dated 31st Jan you advised us the eyepiece had arrived, I confess we didn't realise you wanted a response. Other than to apologise again I am not sure what else we can do. If I have missed something please don't hesitate to contact me :)

Hope that helps,

Steve

i would like to thank the guys at FLO.

i ordered a William Optics 2 inch prime Focus Camera Adaptor online yesterday afternoon and it was delivered to my house in caithness today,a total of 703 miles,amazing.

brilliant work guys

cheers.

I thought I'd say thanks to FLO, bought Revelation 15x70 Binos, Fixing Bracket and Tripod and some other items. All delivered next day and excellent communication as to Order status and updates.

I'll certainly be back, very impressed with the service and I'd highly recommend them.

Funny story ... sent email enquiring about SGL discount on an item 10.50am on Wednesday ... heard nothing ... after a discussion on SGL decided the item I was enquiring after was not what I needed, so sent another email 4.23 on Thursday afternoon saying not to worry about my previous enquiry. Got a response to both emails 20.51 Thurs eve, the follow up email #6312, the original email sent 30 hours earlier #6313 ... mmm:icon_scratch:

Astronomy is a science, it has a language that is unfamiliar and intimidating to beginners. Think back to the time when you didn't know the meaning of words like Schmidt Cassiegrain, Maksutov, apochromatic, Newtonian, Alt-Azimuth, parabolic primary, f-ratio, exit-pupil, GEQ, OTA, FPL-53, and so on.

I still don't know what any of that lot means :)

I work in the office for Morrisons and I have to answer the phones to the public. They expect you to know how much every items costs and it's stock level, not easy when you consider that we have 3000 price changes a week and 26,000 items in shop. I also have to deal with our contractors for when stuff breaks. So I kinda know where you are coming from, Steve. I assume you use a database ticket system? Which people have to remember can only do what it's programmed to do, and it is programmed by a human. Try as we might we are not perfect and human errors do crop up from time to time. To get a reply within a couple of days is amazing, a couple of hours however is shockingly great service. For example, I'm still trying to sort out a problem with a contractor that first started in November. Now that's a headache. Basically, we are only human and we do make mistakes from time to time. So patience is a virtue. ;)

I've yet to order anything from FLO but from what I have read on here, I'm not expecting any problems ;)

Dazz

i was worried about my order of some 15 x 70 bi nos celestron,, but Steve as phoned me and told me they are out of stock but i could have another make of the binos exactly the same spec ,plus still have money left over to have a metal bracket for a tripod,,very nice man that Steve,,plus he said he owes me £1.50,,which he would include in the package.

quality service , i shall use flo again

all the best from stoke on trent

russ

i was worried about my order of some 15 x 70 bi nos celestron,, but Steve as phoned me and told me they are out of stock but i could have another make of the binos exactly the same spec ,plus still have money left over to have a metal bracket for a tripod,,very nice man that Steve,,plus he said he owes me £1.50,,which he would include in the package.

russ

You won't be disappointed with the bins :)

Not many retailers would give you that sort of honest service either. FLO are one of the best.

Edited by Tac

My experience has been a disaster.

I ordered a pair of Celestron 15x70 bins on the 5th February. Nothing arrived last week. Gave them the benefit of the doubt. Thought they might be checking the setup for me. I called at the weekend and left a voice mail. I called Monday afternoon and left a voice mail. No reply. Sent them an email yesterday demanding to know what they are doing with my order as Paypal shows that they have my £69.

This is the worst online shopping experience ever. I can understand items being out of stock, but I shouldn't have been allowed to order on the 5th. Worst of all, not a single atom of correspondence from them.

Now I am really annoyed. If I treated my customers like this I would be out of work right now.

:)

Hi Neil, I thought I had contacted everybody with Celestron 15x70 on backorder, I must be mistaken. Sorry :)

It might be several weeks before we next recieve Celestron 15x70 so we are suggesting those with backorders either accept a refund or switch to the Revelation as per Russ' post. If it helps I'll phone in the morning to discuss.

russ

Hope that helps,

Steve

Hi just recieved my new skywatcher explorer 150p already!! ordered at 1:30 yesterday and it arrived 4:50 today!! how quick is that?, all the way from exeter to scottish borders in a day!! this company are excellent. only problem i have is clouds!!:glasses1:

Think i will be recommending FLO to all!!

• Like 1

Excellent service from both FLO and Ian King Imaging.

Many thanks to Martin from FLO who put up with my impatience whilst waiting for the Moonlite to arrive from the states (it arrived today). Always polite and friendly even when they were neck deep in Stargazing LIVE orders :hello2:

Also really pleased with the service from Ian. I ordered a Lakeside Motor focuser on Sat Jan 1st and had it in my hands by Wed 5th.

The result:

scaled.php?tn=0&server=640&filename=4u64.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Just a word to praise FLO. I Ordered SW250 DS on NEQ6 Pro on Monday night from FLO website, Martin phoned Tuesday to tell me all my order would arrive Wednesday, and Wednesday morning, sure enough it all arrived in good order.

Thanks Martin and all at FLO, Top company.

Hi,

Just wanted to add that I too have had a great experience with FLO.

They offer an outstanding customer support!

Both Steven and Martin are extremely helpful - this is definitely one of the best (if not the best) online shops I've ever dealt with.

Thank you :rolleyes: