SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First Light Optics

MikeP

As the title suggests I'm very happy with my first experience with First Light Optics and will use them again for sure.

After all the positive feedback I had heard about FLO I had decided to give them a try after the last order I made from another supplier wasn't the best of experiences, even if it was a bit closer to home I was prepared to pay a little extra for better service and shipping from the UK to Belgium.

I needn't of worried about that, because even with the shipping costs added it was still cheaper than the retail cost other suppliers.

Also a big thanks to Martin for the correspondance via e-mail and the help in sorting out the order. He mentioned straight away that an item was not in stock but would be arriving soon and it would be shipped when they got it. The order itself arrived today which was 1 day earlier than the expected delivery date on the FedEx tracking update, and everything was packaged securely and was safe and intact.

All in all a big thumbs up from me.

:)

Is it bad that I'm this impatient? Its been 6 days and no sign of my scope :-(

I'm hoping its here tomorrow as you can see I have some clear skies forecast

post-23617-133877520115_thumb.jpg

Edited by Herishi

Just wanted to chime in and say how happy I am with my new Opticron 10x50. Been out and had a couple of looks - they're really good.

Thanks for the great service FLO.

Stephen.

Well at least someone has their stuff still no sign of my stuff, no replies to pm's or emails yet even ones from last week, I don't even know if my stuff is in stock yet order status stuck at "payment received"

Well at least someone has their stuff still no sign of my stuff, no replies to pm's or emails yet even ones from last week, I don't even know if my stuff is in stock yet order status stuck at "payment received"

^ Call them. They're really busy at the moment and if you call them you'll get through to someone who can help you, I'm almost sure of that.

Me = not affiliated with FLO.

Edited by MikeWilson

^ Call them. They're really busy at the moment and if you call them you'll get through to someone who can help you, I'm almost sure of that.

Me = not affiliated with FLO.

Unfortunately I work during their open times

They've got an answering machine :evil1:

Oh well its a bit late now it wont go until tomorrow at the earliest now which means I wont receive my scope until Monday, after everyones rave reviews I was expecting a quicker service from FLO but I'm stuck now,

I shouldn't have cancelled my order with Pulsar I would have probably had my scope by now D'oh Hindsight is a wonderful thing :-) they were cheaper too!:D

Oh well its a bit late now it wont go until tomorrow at the earliest now which means I wont receive my scope until Monday, after everyones rave reviews I was expecting a quicker service from FLO but I'm stuck now,

I shouldn't have cancelled my order with Pulsar I would have probably had my scope by now D'oh Hindsight is a wonderful thing :-) they were cheaper too!:D

Sorry about the delay Steve, we are waiting on Skywatcher's importers who are waiting on a delivery. It is currently looking like you will recieve it Tue/Wed. Have you checked that the other dealer has stock? It takes us only three minutes to arrange a refund.

HTH,

Steve

Sorry about the delay Steve, we are waiting on Skywatcher's importers who are waiting on a delivery. It is currently looking like you will recieve it Tue/Wed. Have you checked that the other dealer has stock? It takes us only three minutes to arrange a refund.

HTH,

Steve

There must be a mistake, you advised me earlier this week that my order would be sent on Thursday or Friday are you now telling me that the item you had for me has been sent to someone else?

No, that isn't what I am saying. I estimated delivery based on an ETA from Skywatcher's importers. Their delivery arrived later than expected so I am advising you of the delay. I am also offering you a refund should you decide you would rather shop elsewhere. We understand you are frustrated, we are too, as is everyone else affected by this delay. Please be assured we are doing our very best to fulfil your order.

HTH,

Steve

No, that isn't what I am saying. I estimated delivery based on an ETA from Skywatcher's importers. Their delivery arrived later than expected so I am advising you of the delay. I am also offering you a refund should you decide you would rather shop elsewhere. We understand you are frustrated, we are too, as is everyone else affected by this delay. Please be assured we are doing our very best to fulfil your order.

HTH,

Steve

Are you saying that you now have my items there?

I am a little confused, sorry, if you do have my item there why is there a problem sending it?

FLO make it tricky to sign up for their support service!

It shouldn't look like that, I'll send Zendesk your screenshot and ask them what happened. Emails flow in/out of our helpdesk without any need for you to login. Most people don't login but those that do do so because they want to check a previous enquiry or the history of an existing one. The helpdesk also enables us to keep track of enquiries more efficiently. It isn't perfect, it still depends on Martin James and myself writing responses and when things are as busy as they are now (the Stargazing Live series has generated a surge of enquiries) we do occasionally fall behind. This is despite our working long into the night, hence this 11pm response :D

Are you saying that you now have my items there?

I am a little confused, sorry, if you do have my item there why is there a problem sending it?

No, we do not have the telescope here. We are waiting on Skywatcher's UK importers who are themselves waiting on a delivery from China. If the telescope were in stock we would have dispatched it. All UK dealers are waiting on the same boat from China. With respect, I am sure we have advised you that it was out of stock and that we would dispatch it as soon as we recieved a delivery.

HTH,

Steve

I ordered and paid for an eyepiece on 30th Dec, was posted on 5th Jan, never arrived used zendesk, said they would send another on Mon 17th, still not arrived, have yet again contacted zendesk, getting frustrated. I used them because of the good reports but not had much luck.

I ordered and paid for an eyepiece on 30th Dec, was posted on 5th Jan

The timing was unfortunate, we closed for our Christmas/New Year break 23rd Dec. We did dispatch it within 24 hrs of our reopening 4th Jan. I don't know why it didn't arrive.

... said they would send another on Mon 17th, still not arrived

We did. This is worrying, lightning rarely strikes twice. I'll phone in the morning for a chat.

The Christmas / New Year period is the busiest time for retail, particularly astro retail. Consider also the huge surge of enquiries (over 120% increase!) related to the BBC's Stargazing Live series. We have been and will continue to do our very best but at times like this we can become overwhelmed.

Sincere apologies to those affected.

FLO make it tricky to sign up for their support service!

Hi Nick,

It's meant to be tricky I'm afraid. Online support services such as the one provided to us via Zendesk get flooded with spam, automated bots trying to create accounts and so on. It's meant to be hard to read - in theory the letters can only be identified by human eyes, not software. As Steve says, emails flow in and out without the need for you to register if you don't want to.

Personally I hate captchas but if you saw the sheer volume of spam we get you'd understand :D

James

The timing was unfortunate, we closed for our Christmas/New Year break 23rd Dec. We did dispatch it within 24 hrs of our reopening 4th Jan. I don't know why it didn't arrive.

We did. This is worrying, lightning rarely strikes twice. I'll phone in the morning for a chat.

The Christmas / New Year period is the busiest time for retail, particularly astro retail. Consider also the huge surge of enquiries (over 120% increase!) related to the BBC's Stargazing Live series. We have been and will continue to do our very best but at times like this we can become overwhelmed.

Sincere apologies to those affected.

Thanks for quick response, look forward to hearing from you.