NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Must be some mistake ???

John

Here's hoping! We are all over due some scope time. It really has been dreadful.

It has been odd here today. Started out clear and nice, The black clouds and rain followed by clear any blue sky, Now its grey and grim again. No idea what  it will do next.

I am pondering purchasing the 4mm SW eye piece but I already purchased the 18mm BST this month. Not sure I can sneak another one under the wife's radar! 🙂

• Like 2

I’m not sure I trust Clear Outside beyond today. Longer-range it seems to keep changing its mind. I left work on Friday saying I wouldn’t be in on Monday, on the strength of a prediction by Clear Outside that an all-nighter was on the cards Sunday night.

It seems to have overlooked Storm Dennis, so here I am in work on Monday having not even ventured out last night. 

• Like 1

I trusted the forecast last night and being clear sky started imaging but between one download and the next, 3m later, a sudden hail storm arrived and drenched my kit after which it didn't work until I had dried it out overnight.  Of course I closed the roof ASAP but it was a deluge!!

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Gina said:

I trusted the forecast last night and being clear sky started imaging but between one download and the next, 3m later, a sudden hail storm arrived and drenched my kit after which it didn't work until I had dried it out overnight.  Of course I closed the roof ASAP but it was a deluge!!

You see this is what I meant, you imagers show such resolve and a " just get on with it " spirit that is very impressive. I bet It hasn't put you off one bit either has it? Just keep calm and carry on eh? :thumbright:

• Thanks 1

One of the forecasts for tonight was for more heavy showers, two others for clear periods.  My rig is reassembled and tested and ready to go back out but I'm undecided at present.  Might not risk it again tonight.

Quite nice just now so I have the 100mm Tak out. A big chunk of cloud came over about 30 mins ago and I thought that was the end of the fun but its cleared again now so I'm glad I kept the scope cool in the greenhouse :smiley:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, John said:

Quite nice just now so I have the 100mm Tak out. A big chunk of cloud came over about 30 mins ago and I thought that was the end of the fun but its cleared again now so I'm glad I kept the scope cool in the greenhouse :smiley:

Got to love the irony in keeping cool in the greenhouse 😁

• Haha 2

There is another clear patch passing over now but I've given up and bought the scope and mount inside now. Didn't really get a clear run at much tonight. Might pop out with binoculars later.