Narrowband

Galloway Autumn Star Camp 2020

Physopto

At lesleys now , got the place to ourselves just now, no chance of setting up yet that's for tomorrow. Lesley was saying any cancellations won't be offered out due to covid, keeping us as spaced apart as posible. Safe trip to all comming it'll be a strange one the year.

• Thanks 3

On site and weather is looking good at present. Ground a bit wet at the entrance, so some care needed to avoid making it worse. Jim and Dawn here also Dave and Liz. It is their first time here so hope they enjoy the skies tonight.

Derek

• Like 3

Hi. Mike, Derek and Ian,

I felt sad yesterday as I removed the roof rack from the car, as opposed to filling it with the tent.....

I spoke with Lesley on the phone for 45 minutes today, she confirmed that the field was wet from all the recent rain in the Kirkinner area.

She  hopes it will dry in the next day or two. She is fully briefed on why I cannot make the Autumn Star Party.

Secondly, Ian doing Irish Stew and I won't be able to beg for some...... makes me feel sick in the stomach.

Trust you have arrived safely at Drumroamin and are settling in. Lesley was saying that it was a wee bit windy today.

I am about to pour myself a whiskey and remember all the great whiskey tasting sessions we have had in the past.

Here's hoping that the usual crystal clear skies reign over you, the wind drops and the imaging is brilliant.

And, finally all the very best

Adrian

• Like 3

Hi Adrian,

As said previously, sorry you will not be joining us at GSP. I hope all is well with you, earlier comments accepted.

We could have a virtual dram of the Irish Firewater 😬, as long as you can work Zoom /WhatsApp video call. It certainly won’t be from the warm room, but you could virtually experience the dark skies - PM me your number and we can sort it out 😁

Currently standing outside eyeballing Mars, glaring at me from the South-eastern skies.
Keep save and hope to see you soon / next year/ GSP!

30 minutes ago, Adrian Condon said:

Secondly, Ian doing Irish Stew and I won't be able to beg for some...... makes me feel sick in the stomach.

Are you saying Ian’s Irish Stew makes you feel sick??  😂😂 Sorry Ian, I’ll give it a miss.......

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Jiggy 67 said:

Are you saying Ian’s Irish Stew makes you feel sick??  😂😂 Sorry Ian, I’ll give it a miss.......

You weren’t being offered any, haha 🖕, only the select few😬

Edited by Uplooker
  • Haha 3

Hello All, well last night was superb,very clear for most of the night , giving excellent views it was improved at about 4.30 when the wind calmed,rounded off with a lovely sunrise.

Curently sunny light breeze,site drying fast.

Regards

Mike

Edited by Demon Barber
Spelling
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Demon Barber said:

Hello All, well last night was superb,very clear for most of the night , giving excellent views it was improved at about 4.30 when the wind calmed,rounded off with a lovely sunrise.

Curently sunny light breeze,site dryingy fast.

Regards

Mike

Looks promising 🤞🤞

Very bright and sunny morning. I was too tired last night to do anything so off to bed early. Think the Flu jab had something to do with that. Never mind Tuesday night at present is looking promising. So setting up today. I think those out last night had some really good clear views.

Derek

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Physopto said:

Very bright and sunny morning. I was too tired last night to do anything so off to bed early. Think the Flu jab had something to do with that. Never mind Tuesday night at present is looking promising. So setting up today. I think those out last night had some really good clear views.

Derek

The flu like symptoms associated with the flu jag can produce that, along with a high temperature, muscle ache and headache. There's no live virus in the flu jag. I got one a few days ago and I'm fine, but my mum and stepdad got one each and felt lousy afterwards... 

Hi Folks,

Glad you got viewing in last night, Mars was shining beautiful down South.

Secondly, Ian's cooking never makes me ill, its just the feeling I cannot get a share of the Stew!

The sun is shining here at present and its windless.

Hoping you have a wonderful day and can have clear skies tonight.

Thanks to Ian and Mike for the messages.

Cheers

Adrian

• Like 2

7 hours ago, merlin100 said:

The flu like symptoms associated with the flu jag can produce that, along with a high temperature, muscle ache and headache. There's no live virus in the flu jag. I got one a few days ago and I'm fine, but my mum and stepdad got one each and felt lousy afterwards... 

Yes last one was OK but this one not so good. Mind you nothing like a real cold so a lot happier today. Long drive and all the transporting gear  back and forth between house car and static van. Plus moving a caravan back and forth in a tight space before setting off. You get a bit fed up, I'm being polite there. 🤣

Derek

Well been a really nice day so far. Burning hot earlier on, bright sunshine and fairly clear skies. Hoping tonight has some clear spells.

Took all day to get a new computer to talk to the control gear for the scope. Seems to be OK now. Oh the fun of imaging Eh!

On another subject altogether. I see Adrian is following the goings on. So let's keep him up to date as much as possible.

Hope you are able to get to the next Star Camp Adrian.

Derek

40 minutes ago, Physopto said:

Yes last one was OK but this one not so good. Mind you nothing like a real cold so a lot happier today. Long drive and all the transporting gear  back and forth between house car and static van. Plus moving a caravan back and forth in a tight space before setting off. You get a bit fed up, I'm being polite there. 🤣

Derek

I've got a bit of a cold, as has Ray Baird who I'm going with. We've got tons of PPE... 

4 hours ago, Physopto said:

Took all day to get a new computer to talk to the control gear for the scope. Seems to be OK now. Oh the fun of imaging Eh!

It was the same for me last month with a new 4G router except I had to drive back home to pick up a screen and keyboard before I could get the imaging rig to work :(   Still it was a nice 300 mile drive !!

Countryfile weather forecast seemed promising for Tuesday onward albeit a little cold as the week progresses.

Hope you all get lovely clear skies.

Andy

Edited by AndyKeogh
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, AndyKeogh said:

It was the same for me last month with a new 4G router except I had to drive back home to pick up a screen and keyboard before I could get the imaging rig to work :(   Still it was a nice 300 mile drive !!

Countryfile weather forecast seemed promising for Tuesday onward albeit a little cold as the week progresses.

Hope you all get lovely clear skies.

Andy

Thanks Andy.

Yes can be a pain. Worst for me was some years ago when at Kielder. Forgot my counterweights for the Mount. As you say nice round trip drive, for me only 4 hours!

The fun of imaging or for that matter astronomy in general. 🙂

I have not seen Countryfile but Windy.com shows some changes to what has been forecasted over the last few days. Looking promising, but far too early to be sure. Crossed fingers.

Keep well both of you.

Derek

• Like 1

Hi Guys

Hope you're all ok, and that you got some decent sky last night.

BBC shows partial cloud tonight with an hour clear at 1, but then what do they know.

Wishing you clear skies for the rest of the week, you lucky b's.

Have a good one. See you at the next .

• Like 3
  • Haha 1