Narrowband

Galloway Autumn Star Camp 2020

Physopto

1 hour ago, petevasey said:

Hi, Derek,

Indeed, I am already booked for both next March and November,  I should have a small caravan by then, so be well set even if it rains!  If the rules have relaxed a bit I'll have a friend with me, Paul Jenkins from South Shields society.  Living surrounded by open country I get my drone out a fair bit although (don't tell the CAA!) I occasionally fly FPV (my eyesight ain't so good these days - waiting for cataract operations).  But this Youtube offering is completely legal 😇   The A3 does a very good 'follow me'!

Cheers

Peter

I know Paul, I bought my Tak 85 from him a few years ago. We also know each other from Sunderland Astro Club.

Be nice to meet up again.

Derek

A really good read by Calvin. Just awaiting Damian's now!

Well to finish off. Last night was dominated by heavy rain and high winds. It is still blowing  quite a bit but not as heavy as during the night. Leaving this morning, so an end to the Autumn Star Camp here at Drumroamin. We are informed that The Scottish Government is planning a Tier 3 Lock Down for the foreseeable future. Apparently this means restricted movement in Scotland and little or  No Travel from England,  Ireland or Wales or vice versa.

Phew! Made it just in time I think. We were lucky there!

Let's hope the Spring event can go ahead and things settle down.

So I hope to see everyone there 🙂

Derek

Edited by Physopto
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well back home in just under4 hours. Nice trip back but some fault lights kept coming up for stability control!. Not looking forwards to that bill!

It has taken us longer than the trip back to move our caravan and get the trailer back into the garden and then move the caravan back again. Then unload everything, now getting to the putting everything back where it is stored again, mañana!! 🥃

There has to be a better way, I'm knackered.

Derek

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You are correct Ian, not too long before the next Star Camp.

On that note, I wish to thank Lesley and Ralph for hosting and looking after us all during our Star Camp at Drumroamin. We could not wish for a better environment or hosts to hold our prestigious gatherings.

I also wish to personally thank everyone who attended for, their adherence to the Covid-19 rules and restrictions. It makes life much more difficult, but the Scottish Star Camp could not have gone ahead without all of your help in following the guidelines. Thanks guys!

Let's hope things improve in the near future. 🙂🔭🙂

Derek

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys.my first Galloway star camp.really enjoyed myself was nice to meet everyone for the first time.and to see derek.ian damien and david again.everyone is so friendly . Only really one good clear night as,arrived on the thursday.seen a good few messier  etc for the first time.booked for next autumn. Be great to see everyone again. Stay safe everyone and c u all next autumn again.james

IMG-20201021-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20201021-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20201021-WA0008.jpg

20201021_150536.jpg

IMG-20201021-WA0003.jpg

Edited by james123
  • Like 7

Thanks for posting a few pictures there Jim. Nice to see a few, even with a sober Mapstar I believe..... 😱

OK I am only joking there Damian. 🤣

Derek

P.S.

Dates for the 2022 Star Camps have been posted as of now.

Derek

3 hours ago, Physopto said:

Thanks for posting a few pictures there Jim. Nice to see a few, even with a sober Mapstar I believe..... 😱

OK I am only joking there Damian. 🤣

Derek

P.S.

Dates for the 2022 Star Camps have been posted as of now.

Derek

You must have me mixed up with Ian 🤣

• Haha 3

Hi Derek

Well Done!!!!

I am sorry I could not make it.

Great to see the thanks and praise you are receiving from the attendees

Yes I hope the Spring Star Party 2021 can go ahead without the Covid restrictions 

Trust those who have booked for the the Spring Party and cannot make it for any reason should cancel their booking with Lesley as soon as possible.

Glad you got home safely 

Cheers

Adrian

20 minutes ago, Adrian Condon said:

Hi Derek

Well Done!!!!

I am sorry I could not make it.

Great to see the thanks and praise you are receiving from the attendees

Yes I hope the Spring Star Party 2021 can go ahead without the Covid restrictions 

Trust those who have booked for the the Spring Party and cannot make it for any reason should cancel their booking with Lesley as soon as possible.

Glad you got home safely 

Cheers

Adrian

Thank you Adrian,

It was a different Star Camp as all who attended can attest to. But it was a good Star Camp with some very clear skies and good company. I am sorry you missed it and do hope you are well enough to attend the Spring event. We made  some new friends and reacquainted some old ones, (yes some very OLD ones 🤣 ).

We had some good laughs and although we could not shake hands, we still managed to greet each other in the usual fashion, er...... yes least said the better.....😱

I am sorry to say I cannot see Covid-19 restrictions being lifted at all in the near future. So I am planning for that contingency. I hope you noticed I have now posted the dates for the 2022 Star Camps. That gives everyone who needs it plenty of time to set holidays, get ready and maybe even book a pitch early. As pitches are at a premium it always is a good idea to book well in advance rather than be caught out. I know from my own experiences in the past at Kielder it can be a right disappointment to be told all pitches have been booked and there is nothing left. Missing a favourite event is so disappointing.

We all look forwards to seeing you at the next Star Camp.

Get well soon,

Derek

Edited by Physopto
  • Like 1

Hi all

Just joined sgl

Had a great few days at the star party. 

Turned up late Thursday and got some great skies before heading for bed around midnight.

The following 2 nights made me wish I'd stayed awake longer. 

Already booked in for March and Nov next year.

Hope to meet you all again. 

Hopefully I will have an eq mount by then and not just be salivating over other peoples mounts. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Alan Tommy G said:

Hi all

Just joined sgl

Had a great few days at the star party. 

Turned up late Thursday and got some great skies before heading for bed around midnight.

The following 2 nights made me wish I'd stayed awake longer. 

Already booked in for March and Nov next year.

Hope to meet you all again. 

Hopefully I will have an eq mount by then and not just be salivating over other peoples mounts. 

Hi Alan, I am glad you enjoyed the Star Camp and have booked up for the next two camps. It is always nice to see newcomers to the party, especially the ones who have enjoyed the clear skies that Galloway can offer. Just remember to bring plenty of warm clothing including warm socks and good boots.

If we manage to beat Covid-19 the warm room will be available once more, and that changes everything for the better. 😃

Derek

Edited by Physopto
  • Like 1