Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Galloway Autumn Star Camp 2020

Physopto

1 minute ago, merlin100 said:

4‰ abv. I've made beers and lagers up 12% abv in the past and wine up to 17% abv. I'm not keen on the dreaded Buckfast though. 😕

About 40 years ago I used to make quite a bit real ale, Stout was a favourite. Then one day I decided to see what would happen if I increased the sugar, errr a fair bit. Suffice to say when tried it nearly killed me. I ended up pouring it on the back garden and it killed the weeds. So good outcome in the end.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I realize that this is LONG WINDED and completely alien to me, I apologise.

You havin a laugh Derren? You excelled yourself there!!! All valid points and I am sure everyone will adhere to the regulations.

As you say, “a SP is better than No SP“ 👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Hi Derek I can see how you were a lecturer!😂😂😂😂 all kidding aside very well empathised and totally to the point, as Ian and yourself say any form of SP is better than none, we all have to take care of not only ourselves but each other, looking forward to seeing the old faces and the new.

P'S I've ordered an ear horn for you so you can hear us all😲😲😲😲😲

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, jamie56 said:

Is that one of them cosmic listening devices , sure I seen them on FLO, 

Jim is right!!!! We need to act fast and nip this act of vandalism in the bud. 

Has as anybody seen either of these two suspected fellons?

Wanted in relation to the illegal siting of a Giant Hearing Device on the Drumroamin Camp Site !!

Arno Penzias

penzias-13308-content-portrait-mobile-tiny.jpg

and Robert Wilson,

wilson-13309-content-portrait-mobile-tiny.jpg

Easily spotted as I believe they have some sort of large possibly and possibly noisy Nobel thingy !

If see in the area, please report it to

Mrs L. Shell

Drumroamin Camp Site

🤣

Edited by Physopto
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Physopto said:

Was it you who convinced Lesley to install the latest distance listening device on the field  then?

downloadfile(2).jpg

I thought that was something at the back end of a boy racer's mobile noise maker! 😱

Hi everyone,

I know that it has become a tradition of the Autumn Star Camp, BUT  !!

It is with great regret I have to inform every one that the Pie and Peas Night is cancelled.

I have looked at it very carefully and consider it virtually impossible to implement the "Pie and Peas Night" with safety in mind.

The logistics of heating, and serving the meals without anyone coming into close contact whilst keeping the food hot and safe to consume is nigh on impossible.

This is the main reason why the Pie and Peas Night is cancelled, to eliminate any chance of close contact!

The other part

I cannot guarantee who has touched the pies and how Covid-19  secure their preparations were/are. Also how safely they are transported, (if the boxes are damaged or contaminated during transportation). I do not want be responsible in any way shape or form, for any chance of the spread of Covid-19.

We will be in a large open field and I want it to stay that way well and I mean well separated from one another. The pitches are in adherence to Government directions for a Camp Site and are  well over 5 metres apart so a good rule to measure every thing by.

I am sure you will all understand, that we must maintain a safe Covid-19 secure distance from one another.

This is not a sudden decision. I have been trying to come up with a safe method and failed miserably.

We just need to try to think of all contingencies and either fix them, or cancel the Camp, that is something I am striving not to do.

Stay Safe,

Derek

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

The beer I shall be bringing will be sprayed with a food grade sanitiser, that kill ALL microbes stone dead! This won't cause any strange tastes to the food, as it's food safe and used to sanitise utensils and food preparation areas, it won't taint food with any odd tastes. 👍

2 hours ago, merlin100 said:

The beer I shall be bringing will be sprayed with a food grade sanitiser, that kill ALL microbes stone dead! This won't cause any strange tastes to the food, as it's food safe and used to sanitise utensils and food preparation areas, it won't taint food with any odd tastes. 👍

I guess you mean, dare I say it,............

🥃 ALCOHOL 🥃

🤣

Well with the new Covid-19 restrictions announced today by the Government  for the North East, I will have to see how things pan out.

I will update everyone closer to the start of the Star Camp, as it is pointless at present. The restrictions may be changed by then.

Fingers crossed as Damian says.

Stay safe everybody.

Derek

Edited by Physopto
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Physopto said:

Well with the new Covid-19 restrictions announced today by the Government  for the North East, I will have to see how things pan out.

I will update everyone closer to the start of the Star Camp, as it is pointless at present. The restrictions may be changed by then.

Fingers crossed as Damian says.

Stay safe everybody.

Derek

All COVID issues are resolved by Just covering yourself head to toe in Sanitizer and downing a full bottle of a cheap blend in one go.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, stuffedhaggis said:

All COVID issues are resolved by Just covering yourself head to toe in Sanitizer and downing a full bottle of a cheap blend in one go.

Tight so and so! Trust a Scott ta go fer a cheap blend. Single malt,  at least, (Macallan Gold)😂

Edited by Physopto
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1