Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Galloway Autumn Star Camp 2020

Physopto

Made sure my batteries are charged and all the gear is in good order last week. 

Made up a mains box for the camera time lapses as the batteries would only give an hour and  half. 

Although the mains box is not upto Derek's standards of aero space grade, retired engineer type precision it will do nicely fir the job intended. 

Hope to post a few videos of many hours of the dob sweeping the dark, 🌌 lit skies 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Hi Jim,  i would love to say yes,but in reality no, it takes me so long to do anything,but i`m starting to load up the car,for the record i`m not bringing much in rhe way of gear, just hoping for some clear skies,

Safe journey and i`ll catch up with you and Dawn at thec weekend

Mike

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demon Barber said:

Hi Jim,  i would love to say yes,but in reality no, it takes me so long to do anything,but i`m starting to load up the car,for the record i`m not bringing much in rhe way of gear, just hoping for some clear skies,

Safe journey and i`ll catch up with you and Dawn at thec weekend

Mike

So then Mike only half a car full this time hmmm😉

40 minutes ago, jamie56 said:

So then Mike only half a car full this time hmmm😉

Lesley is considering attaching an extension for Mike's ancillary equipment 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by wackyscot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 05/10/2020 at 22:39, Mr Flibble said:

Unfortunately I can't make it this autumn. Cardiff is in lockdown and I can't leave the area due to welsh rules. I'm re-booked for next spring. Really gutted to be missing out but also looking forward to seeing everyone's posts and pics. Wishing you all a great time and clear skies!!!!

I am truly sorry to hear this bit of bad news. Still better safe than sorry!

Also glad you have booked for the Spring Star Camp. Hopefully it will be a corker!

Derek

Edited by Physopto
  • Thanks 1

Well, glad glad to see we are getting into the spirit of a good Star Camp at last 😃

But dissapointing for some of those who cannot attend.

Apparently here in the North East area the  rules  may be changing for the worse around the weekend!

I just hope to be able to welcome you all in person. So looking on the bright side, see you all there 😷

Derek

Edited by Physopto
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 05/10/2020 at 22:39, Mr Flibble said:

Unfortunately I can't make it this autumn. Cardiff is in lockdown and I can't leave the area due to welsh rules. I'm re-booked for next spring. Really gutted to be missing out but also looking forward to seeing everyone's posts and pics. Wishing you all a great time and clear skies!!!!

Dai, did you cancel your booking with Leslie? Reason I ask is, I know of someone  who believes they were at the top of the list to be contacted if a place became available and they have yet to be contacted by Leslie - with the offer of a pitch. There may well be a lag in information on here / hearsay and reality, just asking the question.

21 hours ago, Physopto said:

I am truly sorry to hear this bit of bad news. Still better safe than sorry!

Also glad you have booked for the Spring Star Camp. Hopefully it will be a corker!

Derek

Thanks Derek 👍

Gotta say the forecast for monday night onwards is looking great so far. The early birds will be bagging the horsehead night after night........

Monday 🐴

Tuesday 🐴

Wednesday 🐴

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Uplooker said:

Dai, did you cancel your booking with Leslie? Reason I ask is, I know of someone  who believes they were at the top of the list to be contacted if a place became available and they have yet to be contacted by Leslie - with the offer of a pitch. There may well be a lag in information on here / hearsay and reality, just asking the question.

Hi Ian, yes I phoned Leslie to let her know so hopefully you'll be able to get it arranged. Hope you have a great few days and see you at the next one.

45 minutes ago, Mr Flibble said:

Thanks Derek 👍

Gotta say the forecast for monday night onwards is looking great so far. The early birds will be bagging the horsehead night after night........

Monday 🐴

Tuesday 🐴

Wednesday 🐴

Which forecast is that one? 

By gumm, you are a Ripe Bunch !!!

As soon as someone tries to look on the bright side you shoot him down😭

Try being happy, it is infectious you know 😃

On my way over to the Camp in the morning.

Derek

Edited by Physopto
  • Like 1