SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

International Astronomy Show 2019

FLO

2 hours ago, Alan White said:

If you do go Chris, keep an eye out as I am attending the same day.
Would be good to say hello.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for you Alan :) I'm 50/50 at the moment, crowded places tend to play havoc with my anxiety making me feel really sick and panicky, but I really wanted to be surrounded by a massive hall full of astro equipment and like minded people lol

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lockie said:

I'll keep my eyes peeled for you Alan :) I'm 50/50 at the moment, crowded places tend to play havoc with my anxiety making me feel really sick and panicky, but I really wanted to be surrounded by a massive hall full of astro equipment and like minded people lol

The previous times I've been Chris there has been plenty of room to move around, so much less claustrophic than Astrofest etc. and it is easy to escape to quieter spots 😉 

Helen

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Helen said:

The previous times I've been Chris there has been plenty of room to move around, so much less claustrophic than Astrofest etc. and it is easy to escape to quieter spots 😉 

Helen

Thanks Helen, that's good to hear!

22 minutes ago, Lockie said:

You are not alone @Lockie. I am not comfortable in crowded places either. But Helen is right, IAS isn’t as crowded as Astrofest. At least it wasn’t when I was last at IAS. 

If you visit please do come say hello 🙂

Steve

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FLO said:

You are not alone @Lockie. I am not comfortable in crowded places either. But Helen is right, IAS isn’t as crowded as Astrofest. At least it wasn’t what I was last at IAS. 

If you visit please do come say hello 🙂

Steve

Thanks Steve, I absolutely will come over for a chat if I go : )

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Helen said:

I'll be there on Saturday afternoon - with Welsh cakes 😉 

Oooh. Will swop you two of our biscuits for one of your Welsh cakes 🤗 

1 minute ago, Lockie said:

Thanks Steve, I absolutely will come over for a chat if I go : )

Excellent. Hope to see you there but will understand if not 🙂

Steve

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Lockie said:

:) I'm 50/50 at the moment, crowded places tend to play havoc with my anxiety making me feel really sick and panicky, but I really wanted to be surrounded by a massive hall full of astro equipment and like minded people lol

I’m exactly the same and struggle with crowds - so I’ll be lurking behind some seriously nice kit on the Ikarus Imaging stand  - do come and say hi :)

James

• Like 2

1 hour ago, James said:

I’m exactly the same and struggle with crowds - so I’ll be lurking behind some seriously nice kit on the Ikarus Imaging stand  - do come and say hi :)

James

It kind of makes you feel better knowing others feel similar! Not that it's a nice way to feel, but I'm sure all the lovely kit will take the edge off our anxiety, and I certainly will say hi if I make it :) 

• Like 1

It would be nice to visit this event, but won't be this year sadly.
Seems to be much more room to move around there, not like Londons Astrofest. I did like the London 
events, but always too crowded.  Anyway, I hope everyone going has a good time perusing all those
eye watering goodies, but beware you don't burn out your Credit Cards 😀.
Ron.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tubby Bear said:

I'm travelling down from Derby.

54.5 miles : 1hr 9m drive so Google Maps tells me.

I'm worried about flooding en route, and i've a feeling that 1hr 9m may be a little optimistic.....🤨

The 55 mile bit sounds good though :) 

• Like 1

Google says just shy of 3 hours for me, but I've just booked a room at Stoneleigh Park lodge for tonight so I can travel up this evening. Then I've just learnt there are diversions on the A14 at Cambridge this evening so it might take a bit longer. 

• Like 2

Just got home from an excellent day at the show. Thoroughly enjoyed catching up with the lovely folk of FLO/IKI. I took in three fascinating talks, drooled over huge apertures and managed to limit my show spend to just one Moon Filter. Though there are various purchases that have taken a step closer to the Buy Button!

To all those going tomorrow, have a great time!

• Like 2