Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

International Astronomy Show 2019

FLO

The International Astronomy Show is a major event on the UK astronomy calendar and this year's is looking especially good. 

The venue is easy to find with free all-day car parking (next to the show arena restaurant that serves hot food and drinks all day). 

Here is what you can look forward to: 

Lectures by some of the UK's best speakers. 

Friday: 

Paul Fellows (10.00am - 11.00am)
Peter Jenkins (11.15am - 12.15pm)
Peter J Williamson FRAS (1.00pm - 2.00pm)
Dr Andreea Font  (2.15pm - 3.15pm)
Dr Stuart Clark  (3.30pm - 4.30pm)

Saturday: 

Paul Money (10.00am - 11.00am)
Damian Peach (11.15am - 12.15pm)
Dr Dimitri Veras (1.00pm - 2.00pm)
Prof Hilary Downes (2.15pm - 3.15pm)
Prof Andrew Blain (3.30pm - 4.30pm)

Vendors / Exhibitors  Lots to see!

10Micron (Ikarus Imaging)
365 Astronomy
Altair Astro
Astro Radio/Solarsphere
Atik-Qsi Cameras
AWR Technology
Astrograph
British Astronomical Association
Dark Skies Jewellery
Gary Palmer Solar Outreach
HitecAstro Ltd
iOptron (Ikarus Imaging)
IAS Merchandise 
IC Astronomy remote telescope hosting (Ikarus Imaging) 
Ikarus Imaging (new home for Ian King Imaging)
Image The Universe
Jackie Burns (artist)
Light by Night photography
Lynx Astro (Ikarus Imaging)
Msg-Meteorites
Opticron
Optolong (Ikarus Imaging)
Orion Optics UK
Pegasus (Altair Astro)
PrimaLuce (365 Astronomy)
Pulsar Observatories
Rother Valley Optics
Rowan Astronomy
Starlight Xpress (Ikarus Imaging)
Sharp Cap UK
Sky Vision fr
Dr Stuart Clark
Spacerocks UK
Takahashi (Ikarus Imaging)
W&W Astro
Webb Deep Sky Society
Widescreen Centre
ZWO (Ikarus Imaging)

(I have taken the liberty of adding in bold those items available to view on the Ikarus Imaging stall 🙂). 

Myself and some colleagues, including Ian King, will be on the Ikarus Imaging stall. We will be introducing some new products and have items on display from existing brands including 10Micron, iOptron, Lynx Astro, Optolong, Starlight Xpress, Takahashi, ZWO & others. (The stall is easy to find, opposite Rowan Astronomy and next to Pulsar Observatories). 

We are especially looking forward to revealing the first of a new series of premium telescopes, a new (to the UK) manufacturer of premium astronomy mounts, a new manufacturer of astronomy accessories and, of course, the new Rowan Astronomy AZ100 Alt-Az mount

Last but definitely not least, we will reveal a project that will be of special interest and benefit to SGL members... 😎

Tickets can be purchased from the IAS website or on the day.

We hope to see you there 🤗 

Steve

• Like 5

My colleague, Rob, will also be on the Ikarus Imaging stall installing Rowan Belt Mod kits into HEQ5 Pro mounts free of charge! 

If you would like him to fit one into yours please email us to make arrangements.  

If you purchase a HEQ5 Pro mount and Rowan Belt Mod kit then collect it at IAS Rob will install the Belt Mod Kit for you at the event (save £69). 

Alternatively, if you already own a HEQ5 Pro mount you are welcome to purchase a Rowan Belt Mod kit then drop your mount off at the Ikarus Imaging stall for free installation. 

sky-watcher_heq5_pro_geq_mount_rowan.jpg

• Like 1

Regarding discounts... 

Our focus at IAS will be on launching new brands and products (and showing Ian King is alive and well at Ikarus Imaging) so there will be little sales talk.  But, an event would not be an event without discounts so discount codes will be available for the majority of items listed at our websites (Ikarus Imaging and FLO). The codes will work during the event and up to midnight Sunday, so no pressure 🙂 

Steve 

1 hour ago, FLO said:

(The stall is easy to find, opposite Rowan Astronomy and next to Pulsar Observatories). 

Talking of Pulsar Observatories, I recently learned they are fast approaching their 1000th observatory (will post more about that later) and have appointed Ikarus Imaging their exclusive UK retailer 🙂 

pulsar_observatory_dome.jpg.4f34aadf6846c1304f89d48178758dc7.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, FLO said:

My colleague, Rob, will also be on the Ikarus Imaging stall installing Rowan Belt Mod kits into HEQ5 Pro mounts free of charge! 

If you would like him to fit one into yours please email us to make arrangements.  

If you purchase a HEQ5 Pro mount and Rowan Belt Mod kit then collect it at IAS Rob will install the Belt Mod Kit for you at the event (save £69). 

Alternatively, if you already own a HEQ5 Pro mount you are welcome to purchase a Rowan Belt Mod kit then drop your mount off at the Ikarus Imaging stall for free installation. 

sky-watcher_heq5_pro_geq_mount_rowan.jpg

Tempted with this. Will there be a discount on the Rowan kit? 

4 hours ago, Radders said:

Tempted with this. Will there be a discount on the Rowan kit? 

If the free installation isn't of interest and you want to buy a kit to install yourself at home then please see us at the event, we will see what we can do 🙂 

Steve 

1 hour ago, FLO said:

If the free installation isn't of interest and you want to buy a kit to install yourself at home then please see us at the event, we will see what we can do 🙂 

Steve 

Is it only the heq5 he's fitting them too? And not any neq6 mounts? 

4 hours ago, FLO said:

Steve 

I was being cheeky and seeing if there was a discount on the kit as well as free fitting 😬 I brought my HEQ5 Pro off you about a month ago.

On 08/11/2019 at 14:46, FLO said:

Edited by Radders

@FLO I bought my HEQ5 off you and more recently the belt kit but I’m not sure it’s performing as well as it should. I’m sure it’s error on my part and have tried altering tensions and various bits but guiding still is not as good as pre belt mod !

If I was to bring along the mount would it be possible to take a quick look ? I would be happy to pay for your services. 

Cheers, Dan. 

14 hours ago, geordie85 said:

Is it only the heq5 he's fitting them too? And not any neq6 mounts? 

While at IAS Rob is fitting them into HEQ5 mounts (smaller, lighter, quicker) but please email us if you would like to purchase one for fitting into an NEQ6. 

14 minutes ago, Danjc said:

If I was to bring along the mount would it be possible to take a quick look ? 

No problem but please email us first so we can make arrangements 🙂

Steve 

• Thanks 1

On 08/11/2019 at 14:46, FLO said:

We have recieved several requests for Rowan upgrades now booked for Fri & Sat.  Rob is going to be busy!  Thank-you 🙂 

We have room for another one (possibly two, depending on the day) but please contact us soon because the event is nearly upon us. 

Steve 

3 hours ago, Robny said:

Will you have the eq6r pro with you at the show to take away?

Rob

We weren't planning to but I will check our stock in the morning before we leave (we are travelling up early tomorrow ready for Friday). If we have spare stock I will happily add one to the van. 

Please email us tonight, I will then reply to confirm. 

HTH, 

Steve 

23 minutes ago, FLO said:

We weren't planning to but I will check our stock in the morning before we leave (we are travelling up early tomorrow ready for Friday). If we have spare stock I will happily add one to the van. 

Please email us tonight, I will then reply to confirm. 

HTH, 

Steve 

Email sent

:)

I'm tempted to go for the first time on Saturday, it would be really nice to meet some SGLr's I've been talking/typing to for the last 8 years.

P.s. I can highly recommend Stuart Clark as a speaker, he was one of my favourite lectures at Uni and always had the classes attention lol. Also, he can't half write a book! I really enjoyed his Skies Dark Labyrinth trilogy.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lockie said:

I'm tempted to go for the first time on Saturday, it would be really nice to meet some SGLr's I've been talking/typing to for the last 8 years.

P.s. I can highly recommend Stuart Clark as a speaker, he was one of my favourite lectures at Uni and always had the classes attention lol. Also, he can't half write a book! I really enjoyed his Skies Dark Labyrinth trilogy.  

If you do go Chris, keep an eye out as I am attending the same day.
Would be good to say hello.

• Like 1