NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Conspiracy ??

banjaxed

I am beginning to think someone is conspiring to prevent me using my 200P dob that I have had it since the 25th April, and have only twice

used it to see the moon in daylight and not one night time session. fortunately for me I am  very patient.

Edited by banjaxed
  • Haha 1

The big problem with a perfect night sky in June is that you can see how light the sky remains all night long!

Ok, not a terminal problem for planetary, lunar and stellar observations but even then it's a narrow window of usable darkness. 

I know this time of year is not very good for viewing but I was hoping for maybe 1 or 2 clear nights. My time will come when I visit my daughter who lives in Ireland where they have virtually no light pollution 😀

Ah blimey, that's frustrating! I hope you get an opportunity to get out soon with your new scope. (Even if it's to see the moon again; and hopefully when it's darker).

Let us know when you do!

3 hours ago, banjaxed said:

I know this time of year is not very good for viewing but I was hoping for maybe 1 or 2 clear nights. My time will come when I visit my daughter who lives in Ireland where they have virtually no light pollution 😀

We have rain in Ireland. Plenty of LP too. The weather has been rubbish since April.

Edited by LukeSkywatcher

1 minute ago, david_taurus83 said:

Lots of rain! But lots of dark skies up West!

When it's not raining out west. Most of our weather comes in off of the Atlantic. Some great dark skies when the weather plays ball. I'm thinking Conamarra.

3 minutes ago, LukeSkywatcher said:

When it's not raining out west. Most of our weather comes in off of the Atlantic. Some great dark skies when the weather plays ball. I'm thinking Conamarra.

Yes I know what you mean about the weather, but when it is clear the night sky is breathtaking, in fact it is what started my interest in astronomy. The other advantage is my daughter is fortunate to live on 23 acres and it is a perfect place to set up a scope away from any lights. I am really looking forward to our next visit.

Yes definitely a conspiracy at play! I took delivery of a new mount mid April, guide scope & cam and other stuff.... I've got to use them a grand total of once 😂!

The weather in Ireland is terrible at the moment 😖

10 minutes ago, hennyvenom said:

Yes definitely a conspiracy at play! I took delivery of a new mount mid April, guide scope & cam and other stuff.... I've got to use them a grand total of once 😂!

The weather in Ireland is terrible at the moment 😖

Looks like we both have a lot to look forward to  👍

• Like 1

I've only been doing astronomy seriously for a few years in the UK and the weather has often been mostly cloudy. The good thing about this is I have never experienced any better so just accept it. A whole month, or more, of no opportunities does happen sometimes.

31 minutes ago, Paz said:

I've only been doing astronomy seriously for a few years in the UK and the weather has often been mostly cloudy. The good thing about this is I have never experienced any better so just accept it. A whole month, or more, of no opportunities does happen sometimes.

As I said in my first thread I am fortunate enough to be a patient person, which is going to be a great asset 🙂

Be Patient young man, I live in the North of England too, so I can 
sympathise with you. You will appreciate very much what your 200 will deliver
when the darker  night skies return. The watchword for astronomers is, and always has been
'Patience'.  We look forward to your WOWS!  this coming season 🙂.
Ron.

Edited by barkis
  • Like 2

The weather forecast was finally right for last night and we had some beautifully clear skies here.

Unfortunately it wasn't until 2am and to start observing that late on a school night is a bit much even for me.

James

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JamesF said:

The weather forecast was finally right for last night and we had some beautifully clear skies here.

Unfortunately it wasn't until 2am and to start observing that late on a school night is a bit much even for me.

James

It was clear for a time in this neck of the woods also, but as you said a bit late to start observing at on a work night!...... and after mixing tons of concrete all day, energy levels hit zero 😑