Narrowband

Conspiracy ??

banjaxed

Second light but like the first clouds spoiled the day after a few minutes. Just want an hours uniterrupted sunshine so I can play around with the tuning. Views were better though with the small adjustment made. The Solarquest mount is working nicely though. Sun was bang in the centre of the fov without any adjusting. 

6 hours ago, johninderby said:

Oh yeah....pull the other one.

And so they did.  The appointed time for clear sky has arrived pretty much as it started clouding over more heavily, and the forecast for five or six hours of clear sky this evening is now overcast for the entire night :(

James

6 minutes ago, JamesF said:

And so they did.  The appointed time for clear sky has arrived pretty much as it started clouding over more heavily, and the forecast for five or six hours of clear sky this evening is now overcast for the entire night :(

James

Stop it with the negative vibes......think nice thoughts.

9 minutes ago, banjaxed said:

Maybe we should try the old method of weather forecasting, eg, look out of the window 😀

Ahh but the weather will trick you. Look outside and it’s clear and by the time you’ve set up outside the clouds have come racing in. 😢

Or there is the one guaranteed method of ensuring clear skies. Arrange to go out somewhere and there won’t be a cloud in sight. Of course this doesn’t apply if outdoor activities are involved. 😩

Edited by johninderby
  • Haha 1

Success !! I had about 20 minutes to view the waxing crescent moon last night and as was suggested it was well worth waiting for. The image was crystal clear so at least I know the collimation is ok 😁

My new Quark scope only has a two year warrantee. Hopefully the weather will improve In time for me to test it out properly before the warrantee runs out.  🤣🤣🤣

Edited by johninderby
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, johninderby said:

My new Quark scope only has a two year warrantee. Hopefully the weather will improve In time for me to test it out properly before the warrantee runs out.  🤣🤣🤣

Don't count on it. Are we not in a solar minimum right now?.

• Like 1