Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

4 minutes ago, 25585 said:

Have you considered a coma corrector? GSO make a reasonably priced one. 

The Dob is fitted with a SIPS coma corrector inside the FeatherTouch focuser but I think these might struggle in a few way other than just Coma.

I'll just have to put up with it until the day when I can splash out on some green and black again :wink: 

4 minutes ago, DRT said:

The Dob is fitted with a SIPS coma corrector inside the FeatherTouch focuser but I think these might struggle in a few way other than just Coma.

I'll just have to put up with it until the day when I can splash out on some green and black again :wink: 

Are your Celestron eps Luminos? 

Pre-owned TV eps are always on the market. And there are now equally good competitors for less money if you want to buy new. 

Edited by 25585

1 hour ago, 25585 said:

Are your Celestron eps Luminos? 

Pre-owned TV eps are always on the market. And there are now equally good competitors for less money if you want to buy new. 

Yes, they are Luminos, mostly pre-owned so the whole set for around 65% of retail price, which is good enough for me. 

Believe me, I have bought and sold more eyepieces than any man should in the past few years (scroll back through this entire thread to see all of them ?) - all I'm doing at the moment is owning a whole set of wide-fields for the price of one Ethos until I'm able to claw back some Green and black ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 25585 said:

Better to have & keep a few good ones..

Goes for telescopes too!

Trouble is deciding what goes when some need to be sold. 

As I type this I am ending a session of solar observing with an ED120, an Altair 152, a Quark, a Badder Herschel Wedge, a Lunt50Ha and a full set of eyepieces. I don't feel deprived ?

Letting go is simply a function of what you need versus what you want ?

• Like 7

I get emotionally attached to most of my optics, but have 10 keepers; Vixen 32mm Erfle, 20mm Erfle, TV 35mm Panoptic, Vixen 10mm LV, LVW 13 & 22, TV 32mm & 40 Plossls & Baader Eudiascopic 35mm, Brandon 48mm. 

Only forever scope is Televue Genesis.  

On 20/04/2018 at 15:00, DRT said:

The Luminos might not be as bad as you think :) 

• Like 1

I owned a 7mm Luminos a couple of years back and it was a very good ep. It got top marks in a Sky at Night review, but despite that it was actually a really nice eyepiece!:grin::grin:

Big, heavy , and well screwed together ☺.

Dave

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, F15Rules said:

Parks Gold set (3.8mm to 30mm except the 5mm), now joined by a pair of Celestron Ultimas in 7.5mm and 30mm.

All in a nice new Ali case☺..

Dave

IMG_20180420_193315080.jpg

IMG_20180420_193305690.jpg

Space left for the 35mm :thumbsup:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, melsmore said:

Neat layout, but what do you have in there? I can't tell from the photo.

Top row, left to right: UHC filter, a red and blue filters, Celestron 9mm Kellner eyepiece, Orion  2x shorty barlow, Celestron 25mm SMA eyepiece.

Middle, left to right:  Celestron 10mm SMA eyepiece,  a moon filter.

Bottom, left to right:  Agena 7mm-21mm zoom eyepiece, Celestron omni 32mm plossl eyepiece, box of 4 Orion color filters,Orion Sirus  25mm Plossl eyepiece and a small credit card shaped red light flashlight.

case2.jpg

• Like 2

On 22 April 2018 at 00:14, F15Rules said:

Parks Gold set (3.8mm to 30mm except the 5mm), now joined by a pair of Celestron Ultimas in 7.5mm and 30mm.

All in a nice new Ali case☺..

Dave

IMG_20180420_193315080.jpg

IMG_20180420_193305690.jpg

Any difference in use between your Parks & Ultima 30mm eps? As the same optically, potentially a good bino pair. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 25585 said:

Any difference in use between your Parks & Ultima 30mm eps? As the same optically, potentially a good bino pair. 

I've tested them briefly in daytime (and the 7.5mm as I have the Parks and Ultima in that size too), and they are almost exactly partial -certainly a fraction of a mm difference if any, so well within the reach of individual binoviewer eyepiece adjustments☺?.

Dave

• Like 2

I haven't got a case yet for my modest collection of eyepieces, though a well-known electronics chain have a large flight case, with foam for £20.99 so I may get one as it sounds like decent value for money.