Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Lexington, Virginia!

Greg6498

Hello all!

My name is Greg Hemmings and I live in Lexington, Virginia. I am fairly new to astronomy and I own a Skywatcher 8” truss Dobsonian. Looking forward to meeting you all and learning all I can!

Greg

B5135273-C6B0-42CC-9E4D-EB6E16224B6D.png.9f4e02791927a5b6c06e72c7ebafa9da.png

Hello Greg and welcome to SGL! I see you have the quintessential beginners scope, the 8" dob is legend and will keep you busy for years, I see Mickey and Mini are all fired up about it too!. Gee Greg, that scope looks so new i'd be willing to bet Santa was really nice this Chrismas? lol.

Thank you all! Yes, this is my first scope :) I was involved in astronomy in high school (many years ago!) and am really looking forward to trying this new one out. I also use these eyepieces:

Baader Morpheus 12.5 mm, Explore Scientific 6.7 mm and Explore Scientific 18 mm. I am sure I'll have MANY questions for you all!

Welcome to SGL Greg, Seeing a few more of my countrymen joining as of late it seems...Enjoying that...

Clear/Skies...

Freddie ?

On 28/12/2018 at 23:02, Greg6498 said:

Thank you all! Yes, this is my first scope :) I was involved in astronomy in high school (many years ago!) and am really looking forward to trying this new one out. I also use these eyepieces:

Baader Morpheus 12.5 mm, Explore Scientific 6.7 mm and Explore Scientific 18 mm. I am sure I'll have MANY questions for you all!

Hi Greg, welcome from me too, that is some great equipment you have there!

On 03/01/2019 at 12:20, Ben the Ignorant said:

Only 7,000 people in Lexington, light pollution shouldn't be too annoying.

Lexington is a great little historic town that is quite dark! We have a great area for observing! Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Archived