SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Galloway Autumn Star Canp 2019

2 minutes ago, mapstar said:

At least it's an improvement. Still lashing it down here. 

Weather forecast for tomorrow shows a rain band across the UK just south of the Tyne area for most of the day. Hopefully Mike and I will drive over in the dry👍. You may be coming through it though. ☹️

So take it easy. Late but safe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Uplooker said:

May not make it up on Wed evening - clutch has just gone on the car 🙄

Unlikely to get it back Wednesday, more like Thursday🤬

Maybe slipping on Jameson's :evil6:

Hopefully you'll get it sorted but would happen this week buddy 

Hi Folks,

The technical info on the above photos is as follows:

The camera a Canon 5 IV  was Not on a tripod..... it was on a table against a gas stoke, the shots were 15 seconds each.....

as Damian left his frog / shoe for the tripod at home.

He is currently dishing out whiskey in the Games Room to get us  ( Derek and myself ) to forgive for not using a tripod!

The photos have not been photoshopped, if he gives me more Talisker whiskey I will believe him!!

He lefted his laptop at Home!!!    I need more whiskey to be believe that as well.

Cheers

Adrian

I

1 hour ago, mapstar said:

Just a couple of shots from earlier this evening 

20191026210936_9Y2A3939.thumb.JPG.2eae43c8ca6b46ccd694950dcbdf5ceb.JPG

20191026211129_9Y2A3941.thumb.JPG.fef91895e036068640caa636a334cb89.JPG

Milky way in it's full glory straight off the camera with no processing 

20191026210324_9Y2A3930.thumb.JPG.913f4f24d22a0f43f6f7d8e5e71306e4.JPG

Hope you don't mind Damian, I copied and shared a couple of those on our Astronomy Scotland Facebook group with credit to yourself.

David

Edited by wackyscot
  • Like 1

Well, setup at last. One or two small problems as usual then off to the warm room to sample a few small drams. All punctuated with Damian running in  and out trying to get a good shot of the sky. Good clear spells but a wee bit windy at present. Any way too tired to spend any more time out of the sack. Looks like it may be even better tomorrow.

Ian yer need to get here fast as whisky stocks are already dwindling. 🌝 And Damian is having such a good time "missing you already" 😂

• Haha 2

Up at 8am to rather stormy skies.

Lots of broken cloud last night but the wind picked up to probably double that forecast (30mph gusts) 

I managed to set the scope up and have a quick view of Saturn on the horizon but noticed my dew heaters weren't working. By the time I'd been to Mike's and affected a repair the wind had become stronger and lots of cloud had moved in. 

Wind still gusty this morning but set to drop later. Cold weather moving in for tonight so all should be good. 

On with breakfast! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, wackyscot said:

Hope you don't mind Damian, I copied and shared a couple of those on our Astronomy Scotland Facebook group with credit to yourself.

David

No worries David. Hopefully more to come tonight 😉

• Like 1