Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Galloway Autumn Star Canp 2019

Home safe and only took under 4 hours,better than the 7 it took me to get there.

Great to see everyone again and thanks to everyone who made the trip to honour Mike for all his efforts over the years.

Thanks again to Lesley and Ralph for their hospitality,great spread laid on to feed everyone on Friday.

Hope those left on site get some clear skies tonight.

See you all next time.

Kenny.

• Like 7

Arrived back at 1645, uneventful journey.

Gratitude to Mike for all his efforts over the years, here’s to many more. Thanks also to Leslie and Ralf for the very generous banquet and for running a fabulous campsite that is always welcoming.

Great to see new and old faces.

Damian,

What was that galaxy that eluded you, UGC7490? I was told that 2 people on site on the Saturday, bagged it😮

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

17 hours ago, wackyscot said:

We had a great time at Drumroamin, Wednesday was clear, the rest was poor visually. As usual we had a great time , many casualties, Lee was our star, never seen a lap dancer at Drumroamin.  So many great folks to meet up with. It's not all about stragazing, but if you get that, it's a bonus.  Friday was incredible. Lesley put on a feast bettered by none. We had a video presentation by the Astronomer Royal, recognising Mike, bet you wont beat this. 

It was emotional, incredible, and the best session  I have personally seen. Thanks must go to Steve for this. I hope you guys had a great time in Coll, and a personal thanks to The Astronomer Royal for setting this up. What a great time, Damian, Lee, Ian, Derren ;) Kelvin, Steven, Adrian, Haydn and Christine, Martyn, Pete , Les, Chris, Phil, Jim and Dawn who broke a finger. THE THINGS we do for stargazing.. If I forgot you , I was probably drunk.

Keep well soon Dawn xxx

David x

Thanks David, fingers strapped up now, wouldn’t mind if it had happened cause of too much amber mercer lol.  It was a fab week, great people as usual.  X

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, mapstar said:

More the Maoam break dance. 

MAOAM

That Whiskey is slippery stuff on the floor and stings when splashed in the eye . Just glad no one was injured. 

I may not remember all of Thursday evening, but I'm pretty sure it didn't go that far.

I had a great weekend, and even got to see those skies and use my telescope. Though heave dew prevented me from having as long as I'd have liked (and the fog that drifted in didn't help either)

And just to echo all the thanks to Mike, Lesley and Ralph.  And also to Derek and Dave for all they did on Friday night. 

• Like 5

Home now. The drive took 9 hours with breaks so tired but happy!

What a fantastic week. Four and a half clear nights with plenty of observing and banter.

Was great to see everyone again. Big thanks as always to Mike for his hospitality and warmth and for always making me feel welcome. And thanks to Lesley and Ralph for the stay and putting on the food on friday night. And to everyone who chipped in and contributed to making the 10th anniversary a big success 👍

Can't wait to return next year 😀

• Like 4

End to another Star Camp. Made some new friends and caught up with others. Been 4 years since I was able to get to the camp other than just visit. Just hope I can get to another soon.

Mike Annette and I travelled back across to the north east in just over 4 hours stopping off at Dumfries for a short break. A bit of rain but in all a nice day really.

As everyone says thanks to Lesley and Ralph for a cracking Friday night banquette. Could not have been any better.

Mike, as always  was his usual cheerful self.

A bonus was that I got a few subs as the weather played ball for 4 nights early in the week. At some  time in the future, if I get the time,  I may even do something with the images. 😱

Derek

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

thats dawn and myself back home, another great star camp, thanks again to Mike for all and Lesley n Ralph for wonderful welcome, attached a wee unprocessed image of horse head not great but am pleased with it so far, take care guys and hopefully see you all in the spring.1517788366_HORSEHEADNEBULA.thumb.jpg.e0bd985159b2439c80799fc87132ece8.jpg

• Like 8

Hello All.

Just to say a big thank you to Mike, Lesley , Ralph and of course you folk who were at the Autumn GSP 2019 event at Drumroamin!

It was great to meet up with you all again and we do think that we did make a few more friends again this year!  Thank you all for making Christina and myself from the smaller island most welcome. As you guys know we had at least four nights stargazing, which was the great bonus!

The Tuesday morning's  02.15am sailing was cancelled, so we stayed in Preston for another night and got yesterday afternoons (Tuesday) 14.15hrs sailing home and arrived home safe and sound at 18.30hrs.

Just to warn you that if there was to be a GSP 2020 Spring event that we will be there God willing!

Take care all and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year....

Best regards,

Christina and Hadyn - IOM.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Demon Barber said:

Damian,was this done on your canon? A very good effort,and no sign of the Galloway lighthouse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike

Yes. Getting a bit better at them. I saw Galloway light house in there for a brief period. 

• Like 1

Hello Guys

Can anyone help me please?  In ten days time I will be giving a short talk at our IOMAS meeting under the the heading of "members observations" and I would like to mention  our trip to Drumroamin and I would to cover the GSP Autumn Star Party 2019. 

If anyone has a couple of pictures of the folk attending there and a night sky shot too that I can use I would really appreciate this please?    I can use a couple of mine, but they are very amateurish, but you guys well do I need to say more!  Pete, if you are reading this have you a got a group photograph as yet please that I could use?

Best regards,

Christina and Hadyn - IOM

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, wackyscot said:

Just heard that The Astronomer Royal John Brown suddenly passed today - so sad, a true legend that remembered Mike only a few days ago.

David

Sad news indeed 🙄. Sorry to hear that David

On 17/11/2019 at 18:54, wackyscot said:

Just heard that The Astronomer Royal John Brown suddenly passed today - so sad, a true legend that remembered Mike only a few days ago.

David

Oh no, that’s terrible news. Deepest condolences to family and friends.

On 17/11/2019 at 18:54, wackyscot said:

David

Hello Guys

Sorry to hear of the passing of The Astronomer Royal John Brown, so glad that we maned to see him on video mentioning Mike before he passed.

Christina and Hadyn.

• 1 month later...