SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Who’s out ?

Tonyhaz

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not heavily cloudy here, but the Moon is showing that there's a definite haze in the sky so I don't reckon the seeing is going to be up to much.  Shame.  It's been a lovely day.  I even wore a t-shirt and shorts when I went to the pool today.

The forecast suggests things might improve, so I'll give it an hour or so and have another look.

James

Good to see you all doing something, Saturday is supposed to be better here, fab moon pic, and set up pix, moon is bright though, but still enjoy looking at it. 

Keep warm, no you knobby lol telescope glamping ?

Astro society meeting in Bristol earlier tonight. I took a small scope up so that we could show some younger astronomers the Moon, Mars and Saturn, from the centre of Bristol. They seemed to enjoy that - first sight of Saturn for some of them :smiley:. Back home now with the same small scope out doing some more lunar observing and some binary stars. Rather too hazy for deep sky stuff.

Hopefully up at the society observatory tomorrow evening for some more outreach. It's International Observe the Moon Night tomorrow you know ! :grin:

105_101_inomn.thumb.jpg.005fff665d7265049943a4a71bb038c0.jpg

4 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Still murky here and horrendous dew.

Dave

I've got really bad dew too but thankfully I bought some decent dew straps at IAS last year. 

Unfortunately I've been beaten by poor power. Running my neq6 and dew straps from a skywatcher 17ah power bank has proven rather difficult to image for more than 4 hours. 

I need a new tracer battery. 

Archived