Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL 2018 Photo Competition

Scott

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's another quick time-lapse of last night's sunset. Captured about half an hour after the sequence I posted before when the colour was at it's peak.

There are only 20 frames though because I wasn't actually intending to capture a time-lapse, I just left the intervalometer capturing frames so I could pick the one with the best colour. They all have gorgeous colour so I decided to do this, and I went to town with it!

Lucksall-sunset-timelapse-2.gif.7f68037daeccb52d83aa9cb084282d32.gif

48 minutes ago, johnfosteruk said:

Here's another quick time-lapse of last night's sunset. Captured about half an hour after the sequence I posted before when the colour was at it's peak.

There are only 20 frames though because I wasn't actually intending to capture a time-lapse, I just left the intervalometer capturing frames so I could pick the one with the best colour. They all have gorgeous colour so I decided to do this, and I went to town with it!

Loving it!

A great example of wind shear. The low clouds skudding R-L, the mid level cloud almost directly opposite and the high level stuff (seen in the clearing on the horizon) moving across at its own jaunty angle!

2 hours ago, johnfosteruk said:

Very artistic and atmospheric John, what are you calling it sunset over lake Lucksall ?

Dave

Just to prove that it wasn't all rain and flooding, I captured this Sunset at the SGL Star Party on 11th October with my iPhone as several of us walked down to the cafe for dinner. I have called the image 'Californian Sunset' for reasons that many deep sky images will hopefully appreciate!

1530039350_CalifornianSunsetfromTheOaksfield.thumb.png.f4fad94d793d9829e81d4a8da88975bf.png

On 15/10/2018 at 18:25, johnfosteruk said:

I love both of these time lapse sets - they capture the mood so well and add such dynamism to the scene.

On 12/10/2018 at 22:33, PhotoGav said:

Unfortunately nobody has had to complain about the light pollution from the fabulous marquee.... yet....!

Stunning image, Gav - you really ought to take up photography as a hobby or even a profession ..... ?

Archived