Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Forum Speed Issues

9 minutes ago, Grant said:

Performance should be ok now - please only let me know if you experience issues from this point forwards.

Perhaps you could give Gov.uk some hints, it's just taken me ages to tax the car online, like wading through treacle :grin:

Dave

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, david_taurus83 said:

Started to have issues last night. Couldn't load up at all. Then came back on and this morning couldn't load the homepage at all. So intermittent. Got this message last night when issues started.Screenshot_20180919-224525_Firefox.thumb.jpg.9e96df716720fafe71d05adc0b15068a.jpg

I had a similar message this morning I think, using Android. It is intermittent though, sometimes ok and sometimes pages take a long time (>30 seconds) to load. That’s both Android on an S9 and iOS on an iPhone 6 Plus. WiFi or 4G doesn’t seem to make any difference.

I was unable to access SGL this morning until about 8.15 am, after which it was ok , but slow. This evening at the third attempt, I got in but it took fully 20 seconds .I then noticed a word omission attempted to edit, and got the circle of doom for 2 minutes.

It moves well but then slows down when trying to go back to the previous thread which takes an eternity.

NB it took just under 3 mins to return to the previous menu, the only way to speed it up is to click the hyperlink and that speeds it up

2 minutes ago, coatesg said:

Ditto on slowness. Not on laptop so can't see if it's connectivity, ttfb or resource blocking that's the issue though. Will check it out tomorrow if still slow.

Couldn't see any connectivity-related issues when I checked earlier.  Latency etc. was looking pretty good.  Returning static content seems to be fine, too.  Where it appears to be slow is on requests that I assume require some sort of database connection.  But that's a guess and I'm sure Grant knows more about what's going on than that already.

James

Archived