Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Forum Speed Issues

It appears the forum is now running super fast during off peak times but we are still hitting some configuration limits during peak times.

This is being looked into as we speak.

Strangely, the load on the server itself is minimal the issue is we are hitting some configuration blocks to do with the number of simultaneous users.

1 hour ago, Grant said:

Strangely, the load on the server itself is minimal the issue is we are hitting some configuration blocks to do with the number of simultaneous users.

The answers simple then - just hold a ballot and delete half the users at random....

...Hey! Why does it say 'account locked'?

<edit> Should add - thanks to @Grant for the work being put in to sort this.

Edited by Stub Mandrel
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grant said:

Slight blip earlier but another tweak made and things seem to be running nice and speedy at present - please let me know if you notice anything from this point onwards...

Grant, I bet you have been out and fed the hamsters so they can keep the wheel turning....

Great job done very proactive do not see that very often, I am waiting for tp-link to Rma 2 of my smart switches just died a week ago I have emailed them on a daily basis

?  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Hallingskies said:

Is it just me or are SGL page views getting a bit slow again?  SGL has been pretty sluggish at my end of the wire for the last day or so, other web sites are fine...

There was a short slow spell yesterday evening but otherwise it's been OK for me.

1 hour ago, Grant said:

I'm seeing some slowness again now - investigating :(

I've had sporadic hangs (or very slow 'transactions') of late. The last glitch was when I tried to react to a post about an hour ago. It just hung and a message came up saying that there was an issue with notifications. Earlier, I wantedto edit a post but I could not get it save. I could, though, close SGL and start it again.

Ian