SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Forum Speed Issues

Just had a bit of a slow response again, but the page opened in the end. Quite sporadic.

Ian

Edit! In fact saving the original message must have taken getting on for a minute!

Edit 2. But not the edited version, that was straight away.

Edited by The Admiral

23 hours ago, The Admiral said:

I've had sporadic hangs (or very slow 'transactions') of late. The last glitch was when I tried to react to a post about an hour ago. It just hung and a message came up saying that there was an issue with notifications. Earlier, I wantedto edit a post but I could not get it save. I could, though, close SGL and start it again.

Ian

Similar experiences here Ian.

• Like 1

It's OK now but we are seeing an issue at peak times particularly when search bots are crawling the forum. We've blocked some particularly aggressive ones and are looking at more long-term fixes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Grant said:

It's OK now but we are seeing an issue at peak times particularly when search bots are crawling the forum. We've blocked some particularly aggressive ones and are looking at more long-term fixes.

Has the search bot issue got worse of late then? I don't recall this being a problem in the past.

Thanks for all your efforts to get us back on an even keel.

Ian