Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Live rocket launch

Peco4321

1 minute ago, Astro Noodles said:

Well, we've waited long enough for it, I suppose a few more months doesn't matter.🙂

Yep, much better to get it right, and safely in position than rush it now. Crazily complex, I wouldn’t want to be an engineer on launch day! 😱

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alien 13 said:

Have I missed something, still waiting for the first stage landing 😋

Alan

We get a bit spoiled don’t we! All these old school SRBs which just fall into the sea! It’s so ‘noughties’ 🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, Alien 13 said:

The landing is often the best bit..

Alan

Yea I agree. I love watching the two boosters from the ‘Heavy’ landing together. I would love to hear the sonic booms as they come back down!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Astro Noodles said:

I'm really looking forward to the test of the Starship booster. That will be something to see.

Yes! It’s one thing to see them failing back on the pad, but disintegrating on re-entry is something else! 😱

• Haha 2

Just now, Stu said:

Yes! It’s one thing to see them failing back on the pad, but disintegrating on re-entry is something else! 😱

Scrap metal dealers in Texas must be really happy that SpaceX chose Boca Chica for their Starship tests.🤣

I thought I caught spaceX on the 5 in early morning as not that long after starlink train passed but reading this post I see that it didn't launch that day 4/5th. Doesn't the starlink train break apart shortly after launch day?

27 minutes ago, happy-kat said:

I thought I caught spaceX on the 5 in early morning as not that long after starlink train passed but reading this post I see that it didn't launch that day 4/5th. Doesn't the starlink train break apart shortly after launch day?

They take a little while to separate out fully. I’ve seen them once very close together, and a few times as long strung out chains that go on forever!

I have both bunched and strung out with slight separation.

The ISS is never caught as bright as the moving object that I caught at 02:34 and then again at 04:11 on the 5th and it was the wrong direction for a plane on full lights for landing.

5 hours ago, happy-kat said:

I have both bunched and strung out with slight separation.

The ISS is never caught as bright as the moving object that I caught at 02:34 and then again at 04:11 on the 5th and it was the wrong direction for a plane on full lights for landing.

Sounds about right, roughly an hour and a half between orbits, brighter in summer.

Dave 

• 2 weeks later...

got to hand it to SpaceX - when they provide video coverage they do it very well.

loved the launch-to-land stage one camera, tend not to be too bothered with stage two/payload these days :D 

Edited by blameTECHIE
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...