SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Live rocket launch

Peco4321

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is a couple days ago now, but I thought I'd share this on here. On the second orbit of the Soyuz MS-18 launch I was able to listen in on the voice communication from the Russian cosmonauts on board the Soyuz module approaching the international space station. This is done by tuining in to their communication frequency with my remote antenna setup usually used for receiving weather images. It's all in Russian of course, but I included a translation in the describtion and a video with the audio filtered a little more for a more pleasent listen.

Skip about 3 minutes into the video for the best/most audible comms received.

I hope I get another opportunity to try this again some time. Please let me know if this is of any interest on here:)

Victor

Edited by Victor Boesen
  • Like 8

MODS PLEASE REMOVE THIS "DUALPOST". I hit the wrong button, sorry😅

1 minute ago, Victor Boesen said:

I know this is a couple days ago now, but I thought I'd share this on here. On the second orbit of the Soyuz MS-18 launch I was able to listen in on the voice communication from the Russian cosmonauts on board the Soyuz module approaching the international space station. This is done by tuining in to their communication frequency with my remote antenna setup usually used for receiving weather images. It's all in Russian of course, but I included a translation in the describtion and a video with the audio filtered a little more for a more pleasent listen.

Skip about 3 minutes into the video for the best/most audible comms received.

I hope I get another opportunity to try this again some time. Please let me know if this is of any interest on here:)

Victor

Edited by Victor Boesen

On 11/04/2021 at 21:05, Victor Boesen said:

Excellent, well done!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Excellent, well done!

Thanks Stub! I appreciate that;)

13 hours ago, Pixies said:

I'm intrigued by that rising high pitch frequency you can hear from around 2:40 that goes on until around 4:00 that is displayed as a diverging line on the graph, at a fixed gradient.

Me too! Not sure what it's for actually. It looks like a doppler shift, but it's going the wrong way and it's way too fast😅

Hi folks,

For those interested Blue Origin have another 'New Shepherd' launch (NS-15)  happening this afternoon from West Texas, USA

Launch is scheduled for 16:56 hrs BST (if all goes to plan)

These launches, albeit only test flights are always fascinating to watch, particularly the booster landing.

Live feed streaming now. Link below :

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

LIVE: SpaceX Crew-2 launches four astronauts to the Space Station!

Launch is about 20 minutes from now (so 10:48 am approximately).

Crew onboard, pre flight systems running, countdown on!

Watch on Youtube NasaSpaceFlight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygvK7LDXtIA or SpaceX Website: https://www.spacex.com/launches/

Or both!

image.thumb.png.72474db1bbe2138c8d1f3f506847b782.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1