Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from the South West UK

DavidJM

Hello Everyone

Newbie who has been using a 10x50 scope for years and having moved to Cornwall four years ago was blown away by the improvement in skies compared to the Midlands. Recently bought a sky watcher Heritage 100p as I wanted something really portable so it wouldn't be left in a cupboard, already saving now for a 8" Dob. Will no doubt be asking some really dumb questions as I journey through the skies!

Welcome to the forum , you will find tons of help and encouragement a,d lots of lovely people! What a fantastic hobby we all share. Enjoy those beautiful dark skies and share your findings here! 

Welcome to the SGL David. I'm new to the hobby as well and loving every minute of it. You seem to have the right idea about getting a small portable telescope for ease of use. I'm planning to get one myself as lugging out a large reflector and mount on cold nights isn't always appealing.

Archived