Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Czech republic

Vero

Hi, newbie here. 

I discovered astronomy while I lived in Big island of Hawaii. It was impossible to resist to the wonders of the universe with the sky like that. I did not pick up my hobby after moving to Prague, but I would like to get back to it now, and perhaps inspire my children to love science as I do.  I live in more rural part of the country now, got myself a telescope (Celestron AstroMaster 130EQ - hopefully not too bad of a choice - any thoughts?), and I am ready to explore and wonder.

See you around

Veronika

Hello and welcome, Veronika!

A 5" Newtonian scope is an excellent beginner's instrument, that will give you years of pleasure, especially under rural skies.

Nice avatar picture - went to the painter's website, and found some other appealing paintings.

Hi Veronika, welcome to SGL, Prague is a great city and I have been there only once, but you should get some great views of the night sky outside the city, that is a good telescope to start with and you should see much!

• 4 months later...

Archived