Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Iris Rework

gnomus

I wondered if I could do a little better with the data that we got from our trip to Les Granges in November.  Our last effort got to this: https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/280758-ngc-7023-iris-nebula-from-les-granges/?do=findComment&comment=3075021

I went back to the un-stretched data and reworked it.  The aim was to try to bring out more of the faint stuff without blowing out the stars.  This version seems to have a bit more sparkle and so I hope you will forgive me for reposting it.  As before it is:

18 x 900s each of RGB 
21 x 1900s of Lum

Shot through Olly's Tec 140

06_Iris_Feb2017_Finx1920.jpg

Thanks Graeme and Olly.

1 hour ago, ollypenrice said:

.... You really do have to pull in the Praying Ghost at some point!

It might look rather sweet imaged through that 14" behemoth that you are planning....

1 hour ago, gnomus said:

Thanks Graeme and Olly.

It might look rather sweet imaged through that 14" behemoth that you are planning....

I don't think the behemoth will see service as a deep sky imaging instrument. I reckon it will be best employed as a visual scope and, perhaps, as a planetary imager for those so inclined. The TEC has done well on the Ghost in the past, though.

Olly

Archived