Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Heads up "Sky at night" tomorrow

Timebandit

Sunday evening at 10 on BBC 4

This sky at night programme is a guide to the galaxy. The milkyway is featured with a 3d map which is the most detailed ever. And there maybe 50% more stars in the galaxy than first thought 

Obviously a programme for the galaxy enthusiast. Dob mob will be glued☺

I hope you enjoy 

Thanks for the "heads up" sounds interesting, anything has got to be better than the brain dead, banal, Saturday nights excuse for entertainment. :shocked: As you can tell I am trying to amuse myself with processing the last set of Jupiter images, but its still making my head hurt :icon_biggrin: 

Very good episode I thought, I've been following the GAIA mission on social media and was excited for this showing. Bonus having Neil deGrasse Tyson as a guest presenter too, his top five stars are really incredible.

I'll need to watch it on iPlayer now. Thanks for the heads up though.

Not that I get chance to watch much TV these days but I never see Sky at Night advertised on BBC 1 it 2, so usually miss it.

Just watched Sky at Night on the iPlayer - it was excellent, really worth catching if you missed it first time around.  The section on the "weird" stars by Neil deGrasse Tyson was fascinating - the universe get's all the more stranger the more I learn about it.

Jim

Archived