NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What's on your Astro Christmas list?

mikeyj1

1 hour ago, ollypenrice said:

The videos are good. I reviewed the first set for AN and was disappointed not to have been sent the next set as a sequel!

Olly

I know a bit about PI but these videos give that extra detail that I was lacking, well worth the money.

For some reason they don't play well in Firefox, on my processing laptop, seems strange because it has quite good spec.

I did as the trouble shoot and hacked out the mp4s and they play just fine in media player.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My letter to Santa this year is quite astro' light but if the big man thinks I might have been sufficiently good I might just find a long thin mono-pod shaped parcel in my stocking.  To hedge my bets I've bought myself a new binocular. Not the one I thought I might buy, but thats maybe a story for another time. Oh, and I've also kindly asked Santa for a special edition blue ray of Blazing Saddles to keep me upbeat when its raining/hailing/snowing and i can't use my new binos. Happy Xmas to all and may your parcels not all be  smellies, chocs and diaries.

One of a pair of 25mm TV plossls in the sale off my wife plus Hidden Treasures by O'Meara off Obe daughter and a couple of sketchbooks off my other daughter. We adopt the get what you want from me and I'll give you the money and wrap It policy in our house. Much better to get something useful than something you'll put in a drawer.

2 hours ago, Moonshane said:

One of a pair of 25mm TV plossls in the sale off my wife plus Hidden Treasures by O'Meara off Obe daughter and a couple of sketchbooks off my other daughter. We adopt the get what you want from me and I'll give you the money and wrap It policy in our house. Much better to get something useful than something you'll put in a drawer.

congrats on the daughters obe, what did she get it for :grin:

The Christmas-and-birthday for me this year (two weeks apart) is a Vixen LVW 42mm.

If you'd told me four or five years ago that one day I'd be hankering after *less* magnification....  Funny how 2350 mm of focal length can change your view on things :)

"Lessons from the Masters" is on my list. Also Baaders optics cleaning kit. At some point, dew must have dripped on my mirror and it needs cleaning bad. Will need to order it if Santa doesn't drop it down the (also nonexistent) chimney.

Archived