Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from North Devon UK

Emeness

Just getting in to this fantastic hobby, retired so now have more time. Had my Nexstar 6 SE for about 3 weeks, only able to use it once so far due to cloudy skies down here, hopefully will clear soon. I live in a rural location so not to much light pollution just need the clouds to clear. As a newbie will probably be asking a few silly questions, apologies in advance. 

Hi Emeness and welcome to SGL, silly questions, we regard them as the ones you don`t ask, when you struggle on to find the answer yourself, instead of coming to this fine body of people for help. Enjoy the forum :)

Welcome to the forum.  The West Country has been rather cloudy since the astronomy 'season' as I like to call it (from September onward) started. Or at least it's been cloudy when I've been down in north Cornwall anyway. I have my fingers crossed for this week though. 

Nevertheless we do get some of the darkest skies in southern England so a good place for the hobby ..... apart from the cloud and the sea mists! :) 

Hi and welcome, great place for advice here. There's so much experience and knowledge just a few clicks away for newbies like you and I. 

I've learnt so much on here, I think we all just like talking about this fantastic subject and hobby. 

I was in north Devon back end of August, camped near Woolacombe    The skies were amazing on the 2 nights it cleared so I am very envious of you  

Hello Emeness and welcome to SGL. I am glad to see now you are now getting into to this fantastic and interesting hobby now you are retired.

There is a wealth of information on this site and some very knowledgeable Chaps and lady members on the site. So between us we can usually answer most questions. Don't hesitate to post a question on the site as we were all newbies once and all had to start somewhere. And I know I learn something new every time I log onto SGL , and I am sure many members are the same.

Welcome and enjoy the universe with like minded people☺  

Hi Emeness and welcome to the forum. Happy to answer your questions (no such thing as a silly question) just post them under the relevant sections so that we can all respond as soon as possible.

Clear skies and enjoy your stay.

Archived