Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Dallas, TX

exsuffolker

Hello everybody,

I am not exactly new to the forum, but am a very old member. I used to be called prasadka, and used to live in Ipswich, England until 2010, after which personal commitments forced me to give up my hobby temporarily. To cut a long story short, sixy years, 3 kids, two countries and several homes later, I find myself in Frisco, TX (part of DFW). I still have a APO refractor intact, and my enthusiasm unchanged. This is where it all began for me as an amateur astronomer, and a few friendly folks from the forum helped me get set up with my initial astro gear (most of which I sold when I moved out of England). I still fondly recollect the East Anglian meet ups, where I have had a few star gazing sessions, and the few nights spent stargazing with Chrls (If I remember his name - from Ipswich).

Anyway, I am looking for rekindling my interest and I can think of no better place, than where it all began. 

So just wanted to stop by and say, in true southern style hello y'all.

Many Thanks

Ex Suffolker.

• Like 1

Hi and welcome back. Chris is still around on here. I actually bought a scope from him earlier this year and went to his house to pick it up. I'm sure you'll run into him again here as well again.

Enjoy your time on the forum, and a big hi from the UK! :) 

12 minutes ago, Knighty2112 said:

Hi and welcome back. Chris is still around on here. I actually bought a scope from him earlier this year and went to his house to pick it up. I'm sure you'll run into him again here as well again.

Enjoy your time on the forum, and a big hi from the UK! :) 

Thank you- I managed to find "myself"  and some old posts from the forum. I would like to recover the password- may be a PM to the admins is due :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Knighty2112 said:

Sorry, the Chris I thought you meant isn't in fact the Chris I meant in my post. Oops! ;) 

He used to go by the pseudonym Peonic.. he has not been around for a few years on SGL. His last post was in 2012..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...