Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Italy!

Stargzalex

Hi everyone! I'm new on this forum.

I'm a 22-years Italian girl and university student. I live near Milan. I started stargazing in 2012 with my 8" Dobson. The night sky strikes me.

I love observing the sky and learning about it - from mythology to physics concepts. I usually observe from Alpes. I love mountains and nature. Recently, I've started amateur stellar spectroscopy . You can find me on my site alexstargazing.net and on my blog almaak.wordpress.com - they are written in Italian, I'm sorry. My written English is a bit shaky, but I can easily read it and understand it  :wink:

Hope to find here a way to share my passion and a place full of inspirations, ideas, technical suggestions! :smiley:

id-scaled.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, glowjet said:

Hi Star gazing Alex, welcome to SGL. Love your photograph, you must be a very keen Astronomer, to stand out in the snow, presumably taken from your observing site in the Alps. Enjoy the forum :)

Thanks! Oh, I'm afraid this particular pic was taken on Appennies... The best roads through the Alps are closed in winter...:blush::smile:

Hello Stargzalex and welcome to SGL. Very nice photo, I thought we had all the bad weather in the uk but I can see from the white out that this is not the case.  And you are certainly keen going out in all weathers to observe?. Nice dobby in the picture, and I can see two eyepieces cases on the table , but unfortunately cannot see what is in them.

We do like our eyepieces here at SGL, so don't forget when you have some spare time take a picture of your eyepieces and post a few shots to give us a glimpse . Then we can all debate on what eyepieces you have , what you may need and what you definitely should get. Loads of help on this site from equipment, DSO , planetary ect , ect?

Welcome, Alex. Hope you enjoy the forum as much as you obviously enjoy the hobby.

As Timebandit suggests, open that case, take a pic and post it in the epic, humongous thread, 'Show us your eyepiece case'. 

Looking forward to hearing from you.

2 hours ago, Timebandit said:

Hello Stargzalex and welcome to SGL. Very nice photo, I thought we had all the bad weather in the uk but I can see from the white out that this is not the case.  And you are certainly keen going out in all weathers to observe?. Nice dobby in the picture, and I can see two eyepieces cases on the table , but unfortunately cannot see what is in them.

We do like our eyepieces here at SGL, so don't forget when you have some spare time take a picture of your eyepieces and post a few shots to give us a glimpse . Then we can all debate on what eyepieces you have , what you may need and what you definitely should get. Loads of help on this site from equipment, DSO , planetary ect , ect?

1 hour ago, Floater said:

Welcome, Alex. Hope you enjoy the forum as much as you obviously enjoy the hobby.

As Timebandit suggests, open that case, take a pic and post it in the epic, humongous thread, 'Show us your eyepiece case'. 

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Nice. Okay, I'll definitely do that then! :smiley:  Maybe tomorrow.

(And, by the way,  "humongous" is a great new word... thanks!:icon_biggrin:)

2 hours ago, Stargzalex said:

... "humongous" is a great new word... thanks!:icon_biggrin:)

Just in case you try to use it in a more formal setting, it's not a proper word, Alex. Just a funny, made up one that gets across the idea of something huge. Maybe even should have been spelled humungous, I don't know. ?

... But nobody ought to care!

Hi Alex and welcome to the forum. Please don't hesitate to ask any question in the relevant section when the need arises - there are always plenty of people willing to help you expand your knowledge!

Clear skies and hope you enjoy the forum,

• 2 weeks later...

Archived