Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Show us your set up in action at night.

Peco4321

Just realised I have a few pics of the 180mm Apo at night thanks to the BBC and their fancy night vision camera.  This was before I purchased a 12" pillar extension to raise the scope up and a 80mm finder and counterweight set to shift the balance point up so I could get off my knees!

Admiring the 7 inch crop.jpg

Me Crouching at the APM 180 resize.jpg

View from the EP resize.jpg

Edited by DirkSteele
  • Like 9

40 minutes ago, Bart said:

Here's my 10" ready for tonight! First time in ages. Going to catch some sleep as its been a busy week and staying up till two would probably be the death of me. 

image.jpeg

Mine's out too - anxiously watching these clouds ... :D

Another one...look at all that LP from a nearby street light (though this is a 30 second exposure and the light isn't even enough to read from)...this is from my so-called "dark" site...

Notice M31 just above the lens...

IMG_1440.jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, StuartJPP said:

Another one...look at all that LP from a nearby street light (though this is a 30 second exposure and the light isn't even enough to read from)...this is from my so-called "dark" site...

Notice M31 just above the lens...

IMG_1440.jpg

My sky looks like the cloudy bits of your image (up to about 40-45 degrees) even when it isn't cloudy :-(

On 2016-07-28 at 10:47, Cinco Sauces said:

Beautiful! May I ask where is this?

Thanks ! I took it with my "point & shoot" camera at this location N 58° 34' 20.95", E 12° 14' 12.33". But I don´t use that place anymore since I found better places by the west coast.

• Like 1