NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Tulip Nebula 90% moon!

johnrt

Some clear skies at last, and given the weather of late you just have to ignore the big spotlight and get on with it, luckily it is nice and low in the summer and so I could just about get away with it.

4 hours Ha & 4 hours OIII with the Astrodons & all the usual clobber. Took me a while to remember how to process these as it has been about 18 months since I last did a colour narrowband!

:)

27919306524_9380151e4b_b.jpg

1 hour ago, swag72 said:

Very nice indeed John - I'm hoping that mine turns out half as good as this...... :)

Thank you Sara, oh I'm sure it will be your ODK 10 is a killer!

Thank you everyone, it's something a little different from what I've been up to of late, due to the full moon, but it's good to remember that narrowbanding is good fun!

Superb. Lovely Autumn colours :) I really like your rendition and it just goes to show how personal interpretation and style can influence the way an object looks, despite the fact we all collect the same raw data!

ChrisH

2 hours ago, ChrisLX200 said:

Superb. Lovely Autumn colours :) I really like your rendition and it just goes to show how personal interpretation and style can influence the way an object looks, despite the fact we all collect the same raw data!

ChrisH

Thank you Chris, wouldn't life be so boring if we all saw things the same way!

Excellent image as per usual John, a smidgin higher and you'll catch Cygnus X-1, guess they were the same clear moonlight nights I spent trying to get the new mount to play nicely, I had the Tulip in mind for a first proper target for it but not managed much yet.

Dave

4 hours ago, MattJenko said:

Cool colours and the contrast/brightness does it a lot of favours. Mind if I ask what colour mappings produced this scheme?

Thank you for the continued positive comments, it's such a relief to be able to even post a completed image after such a long lay off due to the terrible never ending clouds of 2016, and to get such great comments from you all is the icing on the cake.

In answer to your question Matt, I use pixelmath in pixinsight to blend the colours and find Kayron Mercieca's tutorial to be a good source of inspiration http://www.lightvortexastronomy.com/tutorial-narrowband-bicolour-palette-combinations.html I use photoshop selective colour to get the final finished product I'm happy with.

Thank you Chris & Rob, comparing to others versions there seems to be a lot more of the blue to get captured, I think the moon killed most of the OIII signal, but there was still just enough to drag out some blues!

Archived