Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

THE FAULKS 20" F4 DOB BUILD

faulksy

4 hours ago, Beulah said:

Great project. A real masterpiece. I am loving everything about it, even the fantastic finish. Look at the gloss on it!!

I am interested in those sturdy aluminium poles - can you tell me which suppler you used?

Also, where did you get those (plastic?) pole attachments, the ones attached to the mirror box?

My 2L 'dobmobile' was written off in an accident on Tuesday (mechanical failure, RIP 306) and the next car is not an estate :( - I am thinking of converting one of my dobs into full truss. :)

aluminum warehouse for the tube http://www.aluminiumwarehouse.co.uk/

8 x

Aluminium Round Tube (6063T6) 11/2 in x 16 swg - 2500 mm

clamps were from dj superstore https://www.djsuperstore.com/

https://www.djsuperstore.com/product/prolight-rhino-multi-clamp-ch-10.html

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, swamp thing said:

Nice Mike. How did the string work out with your trusses? 

it was a good guide the uta was similar but truss tubes are way to long which is good, will have to wait now for my mirror to cut them to length :headbang:

• Like 1

Hi Mike ,any definite confirmation date from OOuk about when your Big mirror will be finished?(or is the 17-8-16 mirror delivery date or scope finished date?))    I am not even going to ask why you did not grind your own. As mapstar kindly gave me a 36 page post to read in your absence about his 22" mirror grind,. Finished reading mapstar 22" grinding post about 1am at night.

Serves me right for opening my big mouth?

• Like 3

19 hours ago, faulksy said:

small upate, fitted my dsc today with new improved hardware and new bespoke cables from serge at astrodevices

still going for the christmas tree look then with all them lights? :D

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Scott said:

still going for the christmas tree look then with all them lights? :D

have to have lights scott or you cant see it might put some buzzers on it as well and a barbecue just for you :icon_biggrin:

Edited by faulksy
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, faulksy said:

have to have lights scott or you cant see it might put some buzzers on it as well and a barbecue just for you :icon_biggrin:

haha, fair enough Mike. forget the buzzers, get one of those musical car horns

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

17/8/16 Delivery Date

Hi Mike , I thought I would just pop my head into the maternity ward to see if you are at long last a proud father?

Has the faulksy BIg  mirror arrived from OOUK , and have you installed it into the mirror box

I am sure we are all awaiting an update and a few photos of your new born ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Timebandit said:

17/8/16 Delivery Date

Hi Mike , I thought I would just pop my head into the maternity ward to see if you are at long last a proud father?

Has the faulksy BIg  mirror arrived from OOUK , and have you installed it into the mirror box

I am sure we are all awaiting an update and a few photos of your new born ?

Joking aren't you He's getting it from OO. They're like a very slow thing moving very slowly. :evil62:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, faulksy said:

mirror,s will be ready for friday, but im in work but at least they will be done :icon_biggrin:

I think after waiting this long you might be entitled to Paternity Leave :grin:

Looking forward to seeing the finished product at SGLXII :wink:

• Like 4