Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

THE FAULKS 20" F4 DOB BUILD

faulksy

On 5 July 2016 at 17:28, faulksy said:

phoned 00 today, mirror should be done in 10 days, its in the final stages of figuring, that means i will have around 2 weeks to test before elan valley with the boys :happy11:

just need to find someone to make the shroud now

Looking for a shroud ... I have decided to keep my 22" for now. I have been in contact with http://www.scopeshrouds.com 

She's going to make me a new one for Big Blue's Xmas :)  In black this time, so it'll be called big black n blue.

• Like 2

just had a little wee whilst finishing or near to finishing, got goose bumps all over and near to hyperventilating :headbang:

uta before light baffle fitted

DSC_0184.jpg

finished before sips

DSC_0185.jpg

uta fitted, hooorrrraaaayyyyy my heart was proper in my mouth incase my maths was out

DSC_0188.jpg

DSC_0189.jpg

couldn,t rest there, added 25kg to the wood disc to try the balance and motion

DSC_0190.jpg

DSC_0192.jpg

motion is sweet, the weights i have added are closer to the uta than the mirror would be so balance will be further foward, uta has no secondary, tubes are pretty much spot on length wise, balance point its a bit easyer to lift the front than push down suggesting its a bit heaver at the rear which is great

drop down in use, works ace

DSC_0193.jpg

• Like 14

Looks a proper beast Mike and one of the nicest I've seen.

Balance sounds just about right once you start hanging big bits of glass in that finely crafted focuser 

Hats off to you fella top notch work just need Orion to get their finger out with the primary.:happy7:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Looks a proper beast Mike and one of the nicest I've seen.

Balance sounds just about right once you start hanging big bits of glass in that finely crafted focuser 

Hats off to you fella top notch work just need Orion to get their finger out with the primary.:happy7:

what a great complement, thank you damien

6 minutes ago, Pig said:

Mike, you should get the shroud screen printed to read "Hand built in Wales by the Faulks" with a nice Welsh Dragon image to compliment it :thumbright:

brilliant idea shaun, need to go and lie down now, so so chuffed

• Like 3

Mike, sorry to tell you mate but I think you've messed that one up. I think you should give it to me and start again :lol:

Brilliant job - I am very impressed with your skills.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DRT said:

Mike, sorry to tell you mate but I think you've messed that one up. I think you should give it to me and start again :lol:

Brilliant job - I am very impressed with your skills.

thank you so much derek.

when your at 00 tomorrow show them some of my pics and ask were my mirror is its 3 weeks over :icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

The scope looks awesome Mike, really cracking stuff.

If it were me I would just let them get it right, the scope will be around for a long time, best have the best mirror possible!

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, faulksy said:

thank you so much derek.

when your at 00 tomorrow show them some of my pics and ask were my mirror is its 3 weeks over :icon_biggrin:

Will do :wink: