NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

need help. just begun astrophotography and have a few doubts.

I managed to get a few images....although they aren't that sharp. It's my first attempt.

I managed to track and image Pleiades ,Orion nebula, owl nebul, crab, sombrero.

Camera used...70d, mannual tracking and guiding.

15 sec frames.( 9 mins total)

Iso 800

IMG_20161223_063219.jpg

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, happy-kat said:

Well done, what a great start.

Have you fitted the EQ5 motor you managed to source?

Haha....yea it works perfectly. 144:1 ratio seemed to be right. It takes the load well.

Just that I'm having issues with DSS. It doesn't detect many stars. Just that when I reduce the threshold below 10 the number of stars increase a bit. It just detects a dozen or so. Sometimes it just 2 to 5 stars that get detected.

47 minutes ago, LukeSkywatcher said:

For a second there, i thought it was the Ring and central star. Then i realised it was the Owl.

Haha...I have added more frames now..and will b adding more exposure tonight...?...should land up with 30 to 40 mins of exposure finally.

3 hours ago, Astrosurf said:

Good luck! When processing, try to avoid overdoing the stars. It's very common!

I had a doubt though.....suppose I achieve 3 hours of exposure with 20sec frames and stack them ...would it differ from that of 3 hours of 3 to 5 min frames...??? Or will the images differ...???

Archived