NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

need help. just begun astrophotography and have a few doubts.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mick J...hahahaha...u are so so right. Yes i am a goan...:icon_biggrin: and i am looking out for a good cam too i currently use my brothers nikon d5500. Will be buying my own dslr shortly. Mick, could u suggest something that i'd use in the long run. I want a dslr because i will b using it for even shooting the milky way. Yes i do agree CCD cams are the best for astrophorography. And short exposures. But inneed something for day as well as nightvshots and astrophotography.

18 minutes ago, dwayne dias said:

Galatic wanderer

Theae were 30 exposures. The first one was at iso1600  and the pther one was about iso800.  And my currency is the INR...the indian rupee... stands pretty much mo where..but i gotta love with that.

:biggrin: The one at ISO 800 is awesome. Keep testing with different camera  settings like you are doing.

Btw I tried doing it with a currency converter but it said £33 (which is very low for 3000 rupees. I know the indian rupee is a strange currency:grin: but is this correct?

https://www.bing.com/search?q=inr-+%C2%A3&form=EDGNTC&qs=PF&cvid=5c6c1041be48401db1ddc9210f1bba66&pq=inr-%20%C2%A3

Galatic wanderer.:laughing4:

Hahahahaha. The INR basically has a really low value. 96 INR = 1 british pound

And 66 INR = 1 USD.

So if i need to buy an eq6 mount ,il b spending roughly 1,99,000 which is a bomb. Might have to sell a kidney or something .lol

8 minutes ago, dwayne dias said:

Mick J...hahahaha...u are so so right. Yes i am a goan...:icon_biggrin: and i am looking out for a good cam too i currently use my brothers nikon d5500. Will be buying my own dslr shortly. Mick, could u suggest something that i'd use in the long run. I want a dslr because i will b using it for even shooting the milky way. Yes i do agree CCD cams are the best for astrophorography. And short exposures. But inneed something for day as well as nightvshots and astrophotography.

A good cheap starter cam is a canon eos 1100d. You can pick one up second hand for less than £100. Otherwise, you could looking into DSLRs which are specially made for astrphotography. For example, Nikon D810A or a Canon EOS 60Da.

So i have no option but the dobsonian dual axis platform. Which is for 550$. Not bad. I wont b paying much of any import duty or tax coz i know someone working at the docks. He will get it cleared for me. So no issues bout that.

4 minutes ago, dwayne dias said:

Galatic wanderer.:laughing4:

Hahahahaha. The INR basically has a really low value. 96 INR = 1 british pound

And 66 INR = 1 USD.

So if i need to buy an eq6 mount ,il b spending roughly 1,99,000 which is a bomb. Might have to sell a kidney or something .lol

I'm no banker or money expert!:confused5:

Canon great connectivity and no risk of star eating.

A dslr with a flip out screen is handy but increases the cost.

I have a canon 1100d I use it attached to my android tablet to help focus as it doesn't have a flip out screen and the tablet gives me a 7 inch screen through which to control it.

7 minutes ago, dwayne dias said:

Also please feel free to suggest any good dslr or ccd  in the 600 to 700$ range.

You don't want to be buying ccds when ur just a beginner. They are only capable of taking long exposure deep sky shots. A DSLR can take nightscapes, the sun (using a white light filter), deep sky and the moon. I would also go for canons instead of Nikons.

But. The nikon d5500 outbeats even the t6 and the t6s. Has good connectivity, better iso, no AAFilter like the 60da, its small, lite, also has a flip and touch screen and low noise as compared to other entry level cams. It costs about 650 to 700$. How about all these specifications...??? And il b using an intervalometer to avoid camera shake.

7 minutes ago, dwayne dias said:

But. The nikon d5500 outbeats even the t6 and the t6s. Has good connectivity, better iso, no AAFilter like the 60da, its small, lite, also has a flip and touch screen and low noise as compared to other entry level cams. It costs about 650 to 700$. How about all these specifications...??? And il b using an intervalometer to avoid camera shake.

It looks good to me and if you're used to that camera I would buy it. Canons are different to Nikons and will take some getting used to if you get a canon. :biggrin:

1 minute ago, happy-kat said:

I assumed you would at some point move to prime focus imaging.

Something to read about for another day.

I leave it all to experimentation now. Till i buy or make my mount, i have plenty time to learn through mistakes and trials and errors. Focusing is my first goal. And once i am perfectly equipped. I'll surely share my first images here. 

1 minute ago, Galatic Wanderer said:

I think Canon make their own CMOS sensors

If u ask me. I dont know, but its my personal opinion. I have seen all 3 brands and tried them out. But i prefer Sony's sensors. They are much more sensitive. And capture much more stars and detail. And nikons too use sony sensors. Thats the reason i choose nikon. 

Archived