Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Dartford, Kent

Smiggsy

Just wanted to say hi, and a thank you for providing this platform for me to indulge my interest in Astronomy - I get a lot of bemused looks when I discuss it at work!  

Anyway I am a complete newbie to the hobby...but I already have a good idea of what to do next to further that interest thanks to you guys. 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome. I've been interested in astronomy for well over 50 years (since I was about 7), but only doing it seriously for the past 4 years since I retired and only joined this group a few days ahead of you. This is already proving to be a great knowledge base with great folks so you definitely joined the right forum. Good luck with the hobby, there are so many aspects to it, from wonderful views, pretty pictures or real science....

Hi, I'm not too far from you in Bromley.  There's the Crayford Astronomical society not far from you - a couple of our Orpington members are also members there, sounds quite a good group.

Welcome to Astronomy.

Carole 

Hi Smiggsy, I also get lots of 'stick' at work when I talk about it! lol  (can't wait to shut them up when I get my first astrophotography pics done!)

Welcome to SGL. Brilliant forum, very knowledgeable and helpful people here.

Thanks all btw :)

Hello and welcome, I'm in Swanley so not far from you and sharing the same light pollution, this is definitely the best forum to join, any questions usually answered quickly unlike some where you may just be ignored :)

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/03/2016 at 10:13, carastro said:

Hi, I'm not too far from you in Bromley.  There's the Crayford Astronomical society not far from you - a couple of our Orpington members are also members there, sounds quite a good group.

Welcome to Astronomy.

Carole 

Yes, I wrote to the CMAS but got no response. I was interested in the spectroscopy of meteors and needed help with what equipment I would need. It was during the Leonids last Nov. :(

Archived