NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Greetings Earthlings!

employee2-4601

Hello, my name's Kim and I'm an astronomer-holic.

Bought my first scope last week - Celestron Astromaster 130EQ - and have had two sessions so far (the rest of the time I've been saying rude things about the British weather). Really glad I've found this forum as the advice and comments I've received so far have been excellent. Also nice to receive a warm welcome from other members.

I'm hoping to get into a bit of astrophotography at a later stage (when I can afford a higher spec camera), though for now I'm happy just learning my way around the skies.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Kim and welcome to SGL!! If you are thinking of imaging further down the line, then it would be a good time to have a read of the book 'Making Every Photon Count' available from the FLO website in the book section and think about your current kit. The camera (oddly enough) is not as important as you may think :D

Look forward to seeing you around :)

HI and welcome aboard !

As Gav said we all (give or take) started with a more reasonable timeline for our astro "evolution" in mind but the "hole" in our wallet started very early....

Enjoy the forum.

Hi Kim glad you have joined us! Despite the British weather and serious damage to wealth its a fascinating and thoroughly enjoyable hobby as you are realising. Don't be afraid to ask questions remember the only daft question is the one you don't ask.

Mike

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Welcome to our neck of the Universe Kim.

Which part are you from, and what means of propulsion sped you here.?

Please tell me it wasn't a Wormhole  :grin:.

Joking over, hope you enjoy SGL, and we do have a few aliens in the population,

but they are mostly harmless.

Welcome to our neck of the Universe Kim.

Which part are you from, and what means of propulsion sped you here.?

Please tell me it wasn't a Wormhole  :grin:.

Joking over, hope you enjoy SGL, and we do have a few aliens in the population,

but they are mostly harmless.

I'm from a small cul-de-sac on the outskirts of the Triffid Nebula (the cheaper end of town).

I make use of a magnetic solar sail powered by an internal dynamo - it's not particularly fast, but very fuel-efficient.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived