Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M27 Bicolour, 12hrs, Three nights at 1900mm FL.

theo

Three clear nights during end of July / beginning of August have enabled some deep sky work which has been severly lacking since April due to the poor UK weather. I have imaged M27 in OSC previously but I was never really happy with it so since getting the QSI camera I have been trying to revisit some of the classic targets to see if I improve on my previous attempts.

The image is Ha OIII bicolour and captured in Bin 2 for both filters. In total there are around 5 hours Ha and 7hrs in OIII in 800s and 1200s subs.

Its been a tricky one to process to the point where I was satisfied with the outcome. I have uploaded a png file to try and avoid quality loss due to compression so I hope it doesn't take too long to open. I hope you like it!!

Regards,

Pete

post-22012-0-85611400-1439673022_thumb.p

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many thanks!!

I would be interested in hearing how the background sky on this image looks on your screens. I look at this on a monitor I have at work and the fainter nebulosity is hard to see due to the way it displays the black. The Packard Bell monitor at home where I processed the image it looks absolutely fine. It's one thing that always bugs me before submitting a new image!! I calibrate screens as best as I can but that variation seems to persist.

Pete

That's a wonderful image- one of the best I've seen (as you might know I have an interest in M27). The detail is outstanding you must have had 3 very clear nights. I struggle from my location to get decent transparency (this makes me want to crush a grape with rage)- A very well done

That's a wonderful image- one of the best I've seen (as you might know I have an interest in M27). The detail is outstanding you must have had 3 very clear nights. I struggle from my location to get decent transparency (this makes me want to crush a grape with rage)- A very well done

Thanks once again. I didn't know you had a specific interest in M27, could you tell me more?

Pete

Archived