Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

theo

M27 Bicolour, 12hrs, Three nights at 1900mm FL.

Three clear nights during end of July / beginning of August have enabled some deep sky work which has been severly lacking since April due to the poor UK weather. I have imaged M27 in OSC previously but I was never really happy with it so since getting the QSI camera I have been trying to revisit some of the classic targets to see if I improve on my previous attempts.

The image is Ha OIII bicolour and captured in Bin 2 for both filters. In total there are around 5 hours Ha and 7hrs in OIII in 800s and 1200s subs.

Its been a tricky one to process to the point where I was satisfied with the outcome. I have uploaded a png file to try and avoid quality loss due to compression so I hope it doesn't take too long to open. I hope you like it!!

Regards,

Pete

post-22012-0-85611400-1439673022_thumb.p

• Like 48

Wowsers Pete - That's one special M27 there - Excellent :)

• Like 1

That really does jump off the screen at you doesn't it. Excellent stuff and well worth the effort!

• Like 1

That's exceptional - I love it and it so clearly shows the power of bi-colour processing.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the kind comments folks, makes all the hard work even more worthwhile!!

Pete

Superb ! enough said

Many thanks.

Pete

Looks better on the big screen (saw it first on my mobile). Great job!

• Like 1

Many thanks!!

I would be interested in hearing how the background sky on this image looks on your screens. I look at this on a monitor I have at work and the fainter nebulosity is hard to see due to the way it displays the black. The Packard Bell monitor at home where I processed the image it looks absolutely fine. It's one thing that always bugs me before submitting a new image!! I calibrate screens as best as I can but that variation seems to persist.

Pete

That's a wonderful image- one of the best I've seen (as you might know I have an interest in M27). The detail is outstanding you must have had 3 very clear nights. I struggle from my location to get decent transparency (this makes me want to crush a grape with rage)- A very well done

Edited by pyrasanth
  • Like 1

Many thanks Chris, Michael & Pyrasanth!!

Pete

That's a wonderful image- one of the best I've seen (as you might know I have an interest in M27). The detail is outstanding you must have had 3 very clear nights. I struggle from my location to get decent transparency (this makes me want to crush a grape with rage)- A very well done

Thanks once again. I didn't know you had a specific interest in M27, could you tell me more?

Pete

Best I have ever seen, really exquisite!!

Fay

• Like 1

Think this needs a post to say very well done, that is outstanding! Don't think a mere "like" does it justice!

• Like 1