SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from Poole, UK

AdeKing

Hi Everyone,

I've had a passing interest in astronomy since I was about 12, but my interest was recently re-ignited by a combination of the enthusiasm of a work colleague and a house move to a new area and a desire to meet new people and it wasn't long before I found this forum.

I now own a Skywatcher 8" dobsonian with the supplied lenses and a pair of Helios Naturesport 10 x 50 binoculars.

I'm now at the stage where I'm very keen to learn and thought that stargazers lounge was a good place to start my learning journey.

I'm located on the outskirts of Poole in Dorset in the UK, and am keen to learn of other members in my area, and will no doubt have many, many questions.

Thanks for listening, and I look forward to getting to know you.

Adrian

hi Adrian and welcome from south wales,the stargazers lounge is the place to be for all your astro imfo.your Skywatcher 8" dobsonian is a great scope,i have the 200p on a eq5 mount thay are real time machines.all the best and i wish all clear skys,

Hello Adrian and a very warm welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll have a great time with your hobby, especially in your new location, and also with your new friends on this wonderful forum.

All the best

Bob

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your welcome messages and compliments on the scope.

Its reassuring to know that I've picked a good scope, and I have to confess that when I was out with it last night, I even found the 10mm stock eyepiece quite usable, although not quite as nice as the 25mm.

Its nice to know that some of you are relatively local, and I look forward to spending time here.

Adrian

Archived