Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Greetings from NE Scotland

Muz

Hello,

I've been very into astronomy since I was about four and I'm pretty happy to be joining this website now.

When I was about seven, I wrote to my dad's colleague's husband and he gave me a telescope (I think a 60mm refractor) which was the best thing I could ever think of at the time. However, I was probably a bit too young to really use it at the time, so it went to the loft for quite a long time. In late 2013, I ascended the rickety rungs of doom to retrieve it from the dark realms of spiders amongst the rafters, and I actually discovered what FOCUS is! After about a year of using that, I did quite a lot of research and for Christmas I got, with about half of the money coming from me, a pretty good telescope. It is going well, as I learnt my way around the sky pretty well through 2014.

And I just recently acquired a DSLR as well, for want of capturing the beauty of the sky and also because I need a half decent camera for general purposes.

About me:

- Child of the 1990s

- I like to play tennis

- I like various music from the 1970s to now. It is the song, not the artist, about which I care. And music matters more than lyrics, unless the lyrics actually mean something!

- '24' is the love of my televisual life

- I take a beyond-academic education in information, primarily from Wikipedia. This is usually physics related, but I can go from reading about Marie Curie's life to the Indian State of Telangana's system of government to the actor Sidney James, just by following up on the hyperlinks.

The equipment I shall be using includes:

- Skywatcher Explorer 200P

- Skywatcher EQ 5 mount w/ Enhanced Dual-Axis Tracking Motor

- Canon EOS 600D

I look forward to joining in discussions here! See you :)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Muz and welcome to SGL. I think you'll find this forum just as good as Wikipedia. As an avid reader if you follow the links on this site you can move through collimation to building your own Obsy which in turn will lead you to T rings and even discussion on physics and if that's not enough there's a microscope link. Enjoy your new found hobby and I hope you have many clear skies.

Hi Muz and welcome to SGL, you have some nice equipment, there is much information for you to tap into in the imaging side of the forum, however, a copy of "Making Every Photon Count" by Steve Richards, http://www.nightsky...hoton_count.htm  is a must have, to help guide you through the mysteries of AP, there won`t be many of our imaging members who do not have a copy on their book shelves, enjoy :)

Archived