Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bok Globules in NGC2237

swag72

This is one from the back end of last year. This is a combination of Ha and OIII into a bi colour palette. I went a little less in your face with this one.

All comments welcome - Good, bad, indifferent - I take them all on board.

Details

M: Avalon Linear Fast Reverse

T: AT8RC CF

C: QSI690-wsg with 3nm Ha and OIII filters.

26x1800s Ha 

22x1800s OIII - 24 hours in total.

post-5681-0-53103700-1420749264_thumb.jp

Larger res version can be seen here http://swagastro.weebly.com/recent-images.html

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great to see you back posting images Sara and this is a beautiful image to return with. I always find myself looking for things in the clouds and this is a classic bit of sky for doing that. There is the obvious leaping big cat, but I can also see a reindeer and below that a monkey riding an ostrich. I am rather dosed up at the moment with a serious case of suspected man-flu, which might explain my visions! Beautiful picture with the RC and, despite the evidence of spikes, I like it very much!

24 hours what a luxury :), quality of data only enhanced but the post processing.  Like the fact you have maintained variation in the tone of the globules (I.e. they are not just black).

Great job - favourite area is the column to the right hand of the image which when rotated 90 ccw resembles a running big cat or similar (or maybe I need my spec's).

Paddy

You got my fave part (the bit that looks like a spanner!).

Your RC, is it like one of the GSO clones? (white tube, fairly standard focuser) Im just wondering whether youve had to do any work on it, or is it pretty much "straight out of the box"? There is a certain quality to RC images that is hard to put your finger on, so I wouldnt mind a go at one myself someday. Probably worth getting the 0.67x reducer - an RC at f5.....mmmmm yummy!

Cheers Rob.

This is a general clone I think, although it's the carbon fibre tube not the white metal tube. The scope is one by AstroTec.

I've got the reducer for it, but that just brings a whole host of spacing problems that I frankly cannot be bothered with! Setup has been easy - No where near as scary as I imagined. Move the primary then the secondary and that's that. The collimation has held now since November. If I can do it, anyone can do it! I've only used a Cheshire as well - No fancy laser stuff.

Archived