Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Anyone imaging tonight?

lensman57

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been but have packed up now.  Not because of clouds or such but I've picked up a cold and need an early (ish) night :(  Quite typical - nice clear night and I have to get a cold and not feel up to astro stuff :(  Yes, that bad!!!

Cloud down here as well, has been for the past few weeks. It was like this last year also, didnt get to image anything until the new year. Really sucks, i have 9 hours on NGC 1333 and really want to get another 10 hours before i start processing! Its testing my will.

Callum

Cold and clear in Wiltshire. Been gathering various subs on M33, some hazier than others earlier, currently on Ha thanks to the big ol' moon up there. Was going to change scope and do some planetary stuff, but, like Gina, I'm coughing and spluttering and thinking its time to just pack up and go to bed... Seems a big shame to waste a clear sky, but I think Jupiter will have to carry on without me this evening.

Got home from work.... lovely clear sky.....thought I would do some imaging, at last.......changed, had a cup of coffee......went back out about an hour after getting home....clouds had rolled in!!

Then it cleared later on, by which time the Moon was up and blazing!!!

Sheeesh!

It was ok where I live until the moon came up. When it did rise the moonlight reflected all over the dew in the atmosphere causing me to pack away. Grabbed some m31 subs with my repaired .73 TAK reducer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sky is blue as blue can be....so looks like it could be a god night tonight......just set  it all up.

Dave

The only clear night in a long while and I had to work till 4 am. When I got home the sky was crystal clear but the body was shattered so straight to bed was the sane thing to do. Back to normal clouds and rain today.

A.G

The only clear night in a long while and I had to work till 4 am. When I got home the sky was crystal clear but the body was shattered so straight to bed was the sane thing to do. Back to normal clouds and rain today.

A.G

Beautifully clear here too but everything went wrong! :( Ended up with nothing :(

Werrrhaaayyyy - I'm imaging tonight! I've had a long day at work today, but a clear sky is so rare at the moment how could I not set up and grab some subs. Currently finishing off some RGB on M33 and hope to move on to a shed load of luminance subs. Once it's sunk too low, Jupiter should be high enough to start a bit of planetary... Fingers crossed the clear sky lasts. Saw three excellent Geminid meteors while setting up earlier. I love this hobby!

Just finishing a run of [OIII] on the Pacman, 12 x 10 min subs. I'd go to 15 min but I'm not confident enough of my guiding.

Debating whether to go to [sII] on Pacman or start a Ha run on M42 which is just coming into view.

Frost everywhere though.

Archived