Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn 15.05.14 Good Seeing

theo

Surprised once again with good conditions on this night...a blessing considering how close to opposition this was.

Would have been just that bit better if there were a significant storm happening at the moment as that is one thing I have yet to capture on the surface of Saturn.

Next year I may have to modify the observatory as this is right on the limit of what I can capture and still maintain 100% light gathering into the OTA!!

Thanks for looking.

Regards,

Pete. 

post-22012-0-61221500-1400436814_thumb.p

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another amazing shot Pete, your images of saturn have been outstanding & are as good as any ive seen coming out of the southern hemisphere, would love to see what you could get at a higher elevation!

Lovely image and great colours on the surface

Thanks Oldpink!

That is one hell of an amazing picture well done

Thanks!!

Pete that's outstanding ! :-) Detail in there is immense and the accuracy you have in the rings is inspiring. Great work.

Appreciated Simon!!

Another amazing shot Pete, your images of saturn have been outstanding & are as good as any ive seen coming out of the southern hemisphere, would love to see what you could get at a higher elevation!

Many thanks Simon...if only higher elevation!! At least were all going to get lots of low elevation practice before it happens again in the UK  :-)

Absolutely gorgeous, and a good size too

Thanks!!

Yes, superb Pete. Very crisp detail indeed, especially in the rings!

Regards

Harvey

Cheers Harvey!!

Absolutely fantastic image :-)

Thanks!!

Great image, very clear and sharp.

Mark

Thanks Mark!!

Top class Pete!

Looks like the next 10 years wont be a waste on Saturn after all. I reckon decent shots can be had from 15 degrees elev.

Thanks Stuart. You know what, I think you may be right about that!!

Fantastic shot and nicely processed (as usual :) ). Drop sides on the observatory?

typed on my mobile with Tapatalk

Cheers Jake...

yes I'll probably install a drop down flap on the Southern side. Its something I've been thinking about for a while but wasn't sure if it was really necessary considering I can currently get down to around 20 deg. But after this Saturn season I think (as does Stuart ) that we are in for a shout even at lower elevations. This should enable Saturn to be a viable target for some years to come :-)

Archived