Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

South Wales Star Party October 2014

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you had any luck with a large barbecue, I may have access to 45gallon drum barbecue, I will need to check this weekend to see if its still in the barn and then it would need to be collected, I wont get it in my car!

post-31880-0-61788800-1412155498_thumb.j

Sounds like a good idea Dan, quite a long one isn't it; I'll bring my Bowling Ball.  :wink:

if i can get the poles in the car i'll bring it along ive moved since last time ive used it and never had to put it in the car but if it fits we can get most of us under it if the weather is not behaving and all still be sociable :)

Hi,

I've taken up stargazing and imaging very recently (August), done my research and spent a small fortune on decent gear which will hopefully serve me well for at least a few years:

S/W ed100pro refractor, Celestron AVX mount, Orion short 80mm scope/Starshoot Autoguider (PHD2) and Canon 700D, as well as other bits and pieces.

Have taken one or two half decent images, stacked in DSS and stretched in Photoshop, in the rare clear nights we've had here in Somerset and am rabid to learn more.

Have booked to come along to the party, Thurs to Sun in my caravan, to hopefully learn from the more experienced people there as well as have a good time socially.

I know about the importance of red torchlight etc, and hope I don't accidentally fall foul of star party etiquette. I'm sure someone will let me know if I do. Any tips beforehand would be welcome.

Anyway, this is to let the forum know who I am and that I'll be there.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Steve

Archived