SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

South Wales Star Party October 2014

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike are you taking your gazebo. I'm trying to organise a BBQ for the Saturday. Nothing as grand as the SGL hog roast, just a few sausages, burgers salad etc.

I have a large'ish gas hot plate I'm bringing anyway. If anyone else has another barbie they could bring it would make a big difference.

Any other ideas would be helpful.

What's the ave temp at that time of year there??

It's not that bad, look at the photos from last year we were in tee shirts most of the time.

You'll know when it gets cold, the SAS will pop in for tea and biscuits as they stroll past. :grin:  

James (astroJoe) was on 31 during the summer I think. He'll confirm I'm sure.

That's right Tony I camped on 31 a couple of months back. Nice spot and convenient for the facilities but as you say, somewhat restricted views to the south and west due to the trees. The patch of grass in front on the other side of the road would probably be okay though.

James

Here you go chaps, some light reading before the event. For those who are not familiar with Pencelli Castle I have typed a copy of their information sheet.

You will of course get a hard copy with the site map on upon arrival. I think Dave will also be putting together some other info. 

The Pencelli Castle is a very quite site, so please pay particular attention to the noise rules.

Pencelli Castle Information.pdf

Archived