Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

South Wales Star Party October 2014

The poles on my toilet tent for covering the scope broke and splintered at the Astrocamp star party last month.

Today I have phoned and looked on line  in all the camping shops in the Cardiff/Newport and Brecon Beacons area and none of them have one in stock, not even the huge GoOutDoors store in Cardiff!!

Will have to get a large tarp instead. 

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The poles on my toilet tent for covering the scope broke and splintered at the Astrocamp star party last month.

Today I have phoned and looked on line  in all the camping shops in the Cardiff/Newport and Brecon Beacons area and none of them have one in stock, not even the huge GoOutDoors store in Cardiff!!

Will have to get a large tarp instead. 

Argos in the retail park in Merthyr Tydfil have these in stock Canopy Changing Tent.

927/8826

£20 I dont know if these are any good

By any chance is anyone taking a Baader Mark ||| zoom eyepiece with them? I've already got one and have been dying to find out how a pair of them perform in my W/O binoviewers before I decide on whether or not to invest in a 2nd one.

James

Cracking night tonight chaps from 9:00 onwards, we had 2 good hours of observing followed by an hour of hit & miss conditions due to broken cloud, just after midnight the cold & more clouds set in so we decided to call it a night.
We saw quite a few Orionids shooting across the sky, none of which were caught by my DSLR I might add, M45, the double cluster, M31, the Veil Nebula in an ED80 which I didn't think would be possible but with the right filter we could see it all in the FOV, The Owl cluster, Ring nebula, Bodes, & probably a whole heap of more objects I've missed.. I did think about setting up a scope for imaging but with the breeze at the beginning & end of the session it was probably a good idea that I didn't.

Oh yeah those to Dave lol, well I woke up at around 4:45 this morning to spend a penny so I looked out of the rear door of the caravan just to see what the skies were like & there was Orion looking magnificent over the hill. I quickly got dressed & fired off a few shots as it would seem to be rude not to. By this time Jupiter was quite high up shining as brightly. I contemplated setting up the scope again but with being half asleep still I thought it wise not to.

10624762_10152497361813434_9222740130336

Whey Hey Lenny!!! we'll see you when you get here I'll have the kettle on standby, oh & I'll try not to put sugar in your coffee this time doh!!!!

Talking of BBQ's the burger van / bottle bank is open for business lol.

1617663_10152497397878434_57760532236049

Trailers all set up for testing. Going to pack her up in the morning. Load. And away we go:) new awning turned up so going to be fun building that for the first time and coleman cooker came today and it works perfect on the fuel..... No idea why it did what it did with the lamp. Not bringing anything electronic I thinks Astro wise. Just manual this weekend :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk please ignore any spelling typo thingys

Archived