Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

South Wales Star Party October 2014

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would have been good to see the new burger van Tich .... cant believe you have got this one for free!

Cheers

Yup it were a freebie Ian I had to travel to Haydock to get it but the condition of it is very good for 32 years old. I suppose being garaged for most of its life helped.

I think this one is more of a Kebab van lol.

Hopefully you'll get to see it at SGL next year (if you're coming down that is)

Yeah I know the models you're on about Mike although I just run a forum on the 3 models like the one I have as there's plenty of other folders that are similar to the other makes. The only reason why I started it was the owners club would tell you anything & another Rapido club what they did have about them was pretty sparse. Still learning more about them even now.

The ones I have are quite basic in terms of luxury, I'd like to think of them more as wooden tents. The problem with regular folding vans is they can be quite small & if you manage to get one that's big & roomy the footprint of it is big too & in some cases as wide as a regular caravan.
Pop tops can be pretty compact but some are thoughtfully laid out so might be worth a look.

.......... Pop tops can be pretty compact but some are thoughtfully laid out so might be worth a look.

Now it's the end or the general camping season there are a lot of new listings on the for sale sites, so we might get lucky and find a good rig at a fair price.  Unfortunately, most of the touring caravans we have been interested in have been too far away to be worth a look.

Im booked on pitch 1 for the Thursday,Friday and Saturday nights.Rachel and the kids are coming with me so we will bring the van on thuursday,and go home late as i have work and the kids have school.And we will stay friday and saturday nights then ( i may stay on sunday ).If you dont see me much during the days im not being ignorant i have my missus and kids to keep entertained  :smiley:  ( i must be mad ).

Time for another update......

Tony - pitch 12 - tue to sun
Tich - pitch 29 - sun to sun
Steve - pitch 13 - thu to sun
Flibble - pitch 11 - tue to sun
Lenny - pitch 25 - wed to sun
Mike - pitch 6 - thu to sun
Bats - pitch 5 - fri to sun
Garethmob - pitch 4 - thu to sun

Reddoss - pitch 7 - thu to sun

AstroJOE - pitch 9 - fri to sun

KevUU - pitch 10 - wed to sun

estwing - pitch 3 - fri to sun

mdstuart - pitch 16 - fri to sun

MickD - pitch x - sat to sun

Daniel-K - pitch 17 - thu to sun

swamp thing - pitch 31 - fri to sun

Matthew - pitch 1 - thu to sun

its coming along quite nicely dave,   had a cracking weekend last weekend and first time id done it without any leccy.  had a petrol cooker and petrol lamp and they worked great :)   ordered the powersupply, 2 sets of lights to rewire the trailer board as it decided to stop half way home (water had gotten it it seemed) got new pump ready to go in for the plumbing and just on the lookout for a small 3 - 5l hot water (preferably electric) caravan heater just for water. :)  and thinking i might buy a new awning for it,  found a nice one that claims to be up within 8 minuits...... as long as it works :)

unfortunatly the hole on the front corners gotten worse so iv just ordered the tear aid patch for it as iv given up with attempting to use a sewing awl so fingers crossed it will all be ready :)

I have managed to move Daniel and Stuart from 16 & 17 to 27 & 28 they are now in with the main group.

Just two pitches left in reserve, pitch 2 (hard standing) and 26 (grass). After they have gone the only pitches available will be what they have.

I have managed to move Daniel and Stuart from 16 & 17 to 27 & 28 they are now in with the main group.

Just two pitches left in reserve, pitch 2 (hard standing) and 26 (grass). After they have gone the only pitches available will be what they have.

Tony, it looks like pitch 8 is still available ?

Archived