Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

South Wales Star Party October 2014

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Checked my diary it's clear, so I'll be booking tomorrow too.

Standby for the great 2014 invasion of the Dobs ;)

Hi Steve, don't forget to mention you are with the astronomy group, and let us know your pitch and nights staying.

tis be great to see you all!   doing a trial run of my trailer this weekend at the baskerville challenge!   and the first (and only i hope) where i wont have any electric!

how long is it left?

I'm sure your trailer will be fine Gareth, it looked in good shape last year. Only 8 weeks to go depending what day your are arriving, for me 7 weeks 6 days.....but who's counting. :grin:

Ahh well it was good last time but iv got a new water pump. Better wired lights with a decent powersupply. Serviced the wheels and brakes so it will hopefully feel like a new van. And as iv never towed with my disco before will be werid lol as the BMW really felt the trailer where I'm expecting the disco to just drive as slow and steady an auto 300tdi does :) I'm arriving on the Thursday :)

You will love towing with the discovery Gareth, you wont know it's on the back.

I would have loved the auto box on mine, it was the only spec I couldn't get at the time I bought it mine.

I have just booked a pitch to join you folks if that is alright? I have been to the SGL parties before but not this one.

I live near Bristol so it is relatively close.

The plan would be to bring my 100mm bins and my 5 inch dob..

Mark

Well it looks like I've found myself another folding flat pack caravan only this one is the smaller model so I'll be able to unfold it solo with ease. I'll be picking it up weekend & best of all its a freebie!! :grin:

post-18576-0-13489200-1408647618.jpg

post-18576-0-71140900-1408647642.jpg

I just hope I can get it ready in time for the meet but if not I've still got the other one :evil:

I have booked but can't remember which pitch I am on, or if I was ever told.

I hope to have my dual imaging rig up and running by then,

Justyn you are on pitch 7 if I remember correctly.

I have just booked a pitch to join you folks if that is alright? I have been to the SGL parties before but not this one.

I live near Bristol so it is relatively close.

The plan would be to bring my 100mm bins and my 5 inch dob..

Mark

Hi Mark

What nights have you booked, and your pitch No. Did you mention you are with the astronomy group the will then give an allocated pitch.

nice one Tich

hope it too got the 70s décor as well

It's a slightly later model Lenny & some of those had some really nasty drab chequered pattern, still shouldn't be a problem as I can soon change that :cool:

I'll post some pictures of it when I get it home & unfolded.

ah why not i'll ring up tomorrow and book in :D I may have my new scope by then as well ;)

Good man. Don't forget to say you are with the astronomy group. Let us know the details of your stay.

Latest update......

Tony - pitch 12 - tue to sun
Tich - pitch 29 - sun to sun
Steve - pitch 13 - thu to sun
Flibble - pitch 11 - tue to sun
Lenny - pitch 25 - wed to sun
Mike - pitch 6 - thu to sun
Bats - pitch 5 - fri to sun
Garethmob - pitch 4 - thu to sun

Reddoss - pitch 7 - thu to sun

AstroJOE - pitch 9 - fri to sun

KevUU - pitch 10 - wed to sun

estwing - pitch 3 - fri to sun

mdstuart - pitch x - fri to sun

Steve and Danny, let us know when you've booked and we'll add you on :grin:

Checked my diary it's clear, so I'll be booking tomorrow too.

Standby for the great 2014 invasion of the Dobs ;)

Wise choice steve its a lovely site and the skies there are superb........i couldnt have picked a better site myself

Iwill be along to see you all at some point during the weekened

I'm down at Pencelli Castle tonight with the girls for a last minute bank holiday break. If anyone needs me to check anything with their bookings or anything else like that please let me know.

Beautiful clear skies here at the moment... Sunny but getting a bit chilly! Forecast looks great tonight so hopefully I'll get to use the bins for an hour or so.

James

Archived